Radio pricing

John Mathias

I plan on putting an updated hidden stereo in both mine and the kids truck, but every time I'm in a junkyard, I pull the radios I see. I can't seem to help myself.:o I have 4 or 5 801 and 802's laying around I'm not going to use. Anybody got a good idea of the price range for these? Still hoping to come across the fabled 610T to hold for blackmail purpose with Reg and Bob.:rolleyes:

I'll try to take and posts some pics this weekend. BTW, I wasn't trying to get you guy's lined up for selling them, I will let them go mind you, I was just looking for a price range to see if I was paying to much from the junkyards. There's a yard here that waits till YOU pull the item, then they cross search it on ebay, then want to charge you more than what they found. If you dont buy it, they list it on ebay 2 days later. Nice free labor for pulling parts huh? One guy new to these trucks went there, pulled his parts, was quoted a very high price, told them to shove it, found it listed on ebay couple days later, won the bid for less than half what they were going to charge him in store from the same yard.:eek: I told him to skip shipping cost and drive there and pick the parts up, then tell them what he thinks.:mad: But he paid for shipping.

Outer knob on right side changes the backlight color, correct?

I think thats how they work. I already had an 802 restored before I was aware of the color changing bit but I wouldnt mind one just in case for next time.....

I guess we could use a radio thread. I think about an ipod in the glove box sometimes, but it would most likely have to wait until I give up on 6V. I thought about a 6-12 volt converter, but then I know vintagepowerwagons.com has a reasonable 12V conversion kit as well as another manufacturer hiding a 12V alternator in an original 6V generator housing. Curious as to what other board members have done.

Hank :)

post-2934-13585358567296_thumb.jpg

post-2934-13585358567787_thumb.jpg

In my pickup I have a 6-12 inverter and a pioneer cd player. In my p15 I have the factory radio (802) with a ipod jack built into it. I rarely use the cd player in the pickup because with the windshield open and the windows down I can hardly hear it.

My 51 has a horizontal cut-out configuration and appears to match the 610-T. I think the vertical radios 602, 802 worked for 48-50 trucks (not sure of earlier models) and the 51-53? 54? used the 610-T.

I could be wrong,

Hank :)

P.S. I noticed that Ol-Yeller has no cut-out in the dash for a radio. Mine has the cutout (but no radio). What's up with that?

My 52 also had no cutout. Some did some didn't I would guess. Up to 1950 were vertical cutouts after that horizontal as Hank stated.

Now that I've been exposed, I might as well confess. Your suspicion that Massachusetts is on another planet has been confirmed. But don't worry, I come in peace (except for Reg). :eek:

Zeke, I'd like to have you for breakfast sometime soon. Please come in your green truck.

My 51 has a horizontal cut-out configuration and appears to match the 610-T. I think the vertical radios 602, 802 worked for 48-50 trucks (not sure of earlier models) and the 51-53? 54? used the 610-T.QUOTE]

No factory radios prior to 1948.