OT "Bombs" picture thread OT

BobT-47P15

Ran onto a thread that runs for 24 pages (on the HAMB)

......with lots of pictures of 1940s and 50s "Bombs".......

original appearing cars with lots of extra

stuff added on and usually lowered or with air bags.

The early version of lowriders. Usually done with

nice paint and interiors.

Most of them are Chevies. Not many old Mopars, but a tiny few.

So, if you didn't care for the double ended Airflow, then how about

a bomba version........

click here for the thread.....http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231936

1935CHRYSLERAIRFLOW-1.jpg

38 Dodge panel.....

367541998.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Hey man check out my ride!! I got it lowered, got my wires, and spots and skirts, and I got my fulton and my flippers, I got everything man.

Great use for old pontoon fendered GM cars though.

Is it me or do the ones from the Style Kings all have the same style

some cars just get overly finished, some are often adorned with the same billet gismos and gadgets, losing their individuality and therefore lacking personality ending up better suited for display..hard to get a good balance..often the ride starts out to be a custom cruiser and then gets out of control..the owner loses his focus and goes for the "public eye" over his original objective of a safe, solid dependable custom.

Ran onto a thread that runs for 24 pages (on the HAMB)

Most of them are Chevies. Not many old Mopars, but a tiny few.

So, if you didn't care for the double ended Airflow, then how about

a bomba version........

click here for the thread.....http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231936

1935CHRYSLERAIRFLOW-1.jpg

Guy in our car club owned this airflow. All stock and it need of total restoration. Nobody snapped it up to restore and a street rodder ended up with it. I'm not sure it counts as the bomba thing. Has a 426 hemi in it. Won some nice awards in MSRA and was on the Tshirt mug etc for back to the 50s about 5 years ago.

If you are talking about the Packard, he has had that for quite a while. In fact I think the forum was in it's previous format when he aquired it. Wonder if he has got it running.

As for the Bomb's, not my cup of tea.

Hey man check out my ride!!! It's lowered, its got skirts and spots, fogs and headlight visors. I got my Fulton, and my wires!! Check it out man.

They all look the same, though it look like pontoon fnedered Pontiacs have found a home.

Is it me or do the Style Kings cars all look alike?

You know its funny to me that I was raised on BOMBS BOMBAS or what ever you want to call it . I have had a good number of Chevy's or as some of you hicks impersenate us Chibies I thought I'd build a Mopar car, so I purchased my 48 Convertible and all my Chibie friends said "Man that is one bad *** car," and they Congratulated me. First of all, Bombs are not built with Billet parts. Chevy 42-48 Bombs are a way nicer looking car than any 4 door 42-48Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto & Dodge. I am a 99% Chevy guy, and 1% all other brands. Feel free to throw sticks & stones at me...But you narrow minded Mopar Lovers can kiss my ***!

You know its funny to me that I was raised on BOMBS BOMBAS or what ever you want to call it . I have had a good number of Chevy's or as some of you hicks impersenate us Chibies I thought I'd build a Mopar car, so I purchased my 48 Convertible and all my Chibie friends said "Man that is one bad *** car," and they Congratulated me. First of all, Bombs are not built with Billet parts. Chevy 42-48 Bombs are a way nicer looking car than any 4 door 42-48Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto & Dodge. I am a 99% Chevy guy, and 1% all other brands. Feel free to throw sticks & stones at me...But you narrow minded Mopar Lovers can kiss my ***!

Thems are fighten words

Don't believe I threw any sticks or stones.

Well if my personal preference offeded your sensibilities, Excuse me....

As for kissing your butt over it, I thinks I shall decline your invitation. I will be in the area in March, if you would like to discuss these differences further.

What is your point?

Don't believe I threw any sticks or stones.

Well if my personal preference offeded your sensibilities, Excuse me....

As for kissing your butt over it, I thinks I shall decline your invitation. I will be in the area in March, if you would like to discuss these differences further.

Sorry to be the Devil's advocate here, guys, but actually, Greg, what you said... "It's lowered, its got skirts and spots, fogs and headlight visors. I got my Fulton, and my wires!! Check it out man. They all look the same, though it look like pontoon fnedered Pontiacs have found a home" is what I would consider "throwing stones," in a sense, and could be somewhat offensive to someone who has built and owned lowriders. Actually, I'm surprised to hear such a comment come from you. Now, coming from Don and Tim, yes, but I always thought that you were a little more open-minded on other car styles.

Don, I don't see what you missed. Apparently, others, including myself, saw his point.

And Tim, before you start calling certain cars "hokey," take a look at some of the cars out in your neck of the woods.

post-155-1358535793098_thumb.jpg

post-155-13585357931337_thumb.jpg

post-155-13585357931689_thumb.jpg

post-155-1358535793233_thumb.jpg

post-155-1358535793267_thumb.jpg

Go back to the thread and look at the vehicles on display, Not my cup of tea. Actually some do not have fultons. As Stated my opinion, Good on those those that like them more power to them.

We , them, you and I are free to do what we want,with our vehicles and this being a public forum, and the comment not directed at any one individual, it is what it is, my opinion. Which you and any one else are free to reject, just as I am free to put it forth.

I see your all caps and raise you Italics.[/i]

Edited by greg g

Go back to the thread and look at the vehicles on display, Not my cup of tea. Actually some do not have fultons. As Stated my opinion, Good on those those that like them more power to them.

We , them, you and I are free to do what we want,with our vehicles and this being a public forum, and the comment not directed at any one individual, it is what it is, my opinion. Which you and any one else are free to reject, just as I am free to put it forth.

I see your all caps and raise you Italics.[/i]

Hey, you are right...you have the freedom to say what we want, but one must chose what he or says carefully or it can offend others, of course. I saw when you said, "not my cup of tea," which was clearly your opinion of your dislike for lowriders, and I didn't include that in what I quoted. No, your comment wasn't directed to just one individual, but Mondo happens to be into lowriders and it apparently rubbed him the wrong way and found it offensive, just like it would have rubbed us the wrong way had someone posted something making fun of people who own Plymouths. That's all I'm saying. God knows I have stated my opinion of what I think of old man hot rods (rodded out Chevy's and Ford coupes, as well as rat rods and chops), and I have gotten slack for it as well, oh well. Like you said, our opinions are our opinions, but some opinions are better left unposted publically.

I have no more italics but I do raise you all quotes. ;)

please reserve you opinion of my opinion until that opinion has been opined..

I basically remember saying in this thread that those who start out with one theme/dream in mind may have a totally different car in the end..things change from the day of purchase as we all know..and as for hokey..that's the first word in the HAMB..let it be known I did not choose that name...and yes I go there and read often..but I feel that ever other member can do the same without all the copied threads..that is the beauty of all the differnet forums..each can participate on the ones that suit their model or particualr style of car being built..

Edited by Tim Adams

I can't believe you called the high and mighty hokey.

Geez I was not going to comment on this issue, I thought I was always pretty liberal liking both stock and modified stock cars of several brands. But I see now that others view me differently. But one thing is for sure, I like the high and mighty and I dont believe this car resides anywhere near Tim.

roadtrip003.jpg

Geez I was not going to comment on this issue, I thought I was always pretty liberal liking both stock and modified stock cars of several brands. But I see now that others view me differently. But one thing is for sure, I like the high and mighty and I dont believe this car resides anywhere near Tim.

roadtrip003.jpg

Wow...well cut my legs off and call me shorty! Actually, Don, I didn't know where the car resided. I just did a google search for "Cars In The Boondocks" and it was one of the ones that came up. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Well I see I got some ones attention here . Look what im saying is I love all cars being that a Chevy a Ford or even a Plymouth . What got me going is that this thread was on BOMBS and Chevy's were tossed to the dirt I did take offense to that. Let me explain one more thing a Bomb is not a lowrider. A lowrider is mainly a Chevy from 1958 to about the early 1980's that is an official lowrider a bomb is a 1935 to 1954 any make.

I dont like violence like I used to so i will retract my kissing part but I am not a chump

Edited by 1948mando