The Great Hershey Road Trip begins...

bamfordsgarage

I spoke two nights ago with old Mopar vendor Ed Spiegel who says they are going to be at Hershey.  

He says they are going to rustle up some new and different parts to bring with them....so will

be going thru their warehouse.   His space address should be listed in the official booklet produced

by the swap meet management.  

partsshow.jpg

If you need new door sill step plate rubbers ....         the fellow who designed them

and has them made says he will be there.  Last year he was back by a fence, but

I can't recall for sure -- maybe the green field.   

• Like 1

Looking at my notes from last yr .. some vendor with Mopar parts from 1936 to 70 (maybe Ed) was at space C3E 25-29

in the chocolate field north, near light post #29,    Also another vendor of 1930 to 48 Plymouth parts was at space

CX65-72 by light post #70......chocolate south.

Otherwise -- look everywhere you go cause I found miscellaneous things at vendors who basically had no Plymouth stuff.

Last time I was there a lot of the meet was on grasss as was parking. That was 25 years ago.

Last time I was there was 1973. All grass. In those days when you got anywhere near the town the chocolate aroma was overwhelming. My guess is you have to go to Mexico to get that aroma today.

Unfortunately yes. Hershey is dead as far as candies.

Earl

I read some where that  hershey  moved there candies to  mexico,and  bought out so high level candy  place out of  calif and  moved that to  the  hershey  pa plant,, 

if  i go  it wil be thursday, but  i work a 12  hour  shift friday,,,ouch,,,,  good luck to any one that goes have fun,,,,hope the rain  is gone

just got back from beings at Hershey on Thursday and Friday. On Friday it was nice up till around 4PM then the winds kicked up and then started to rain.  venders are pulling out in mass exodus.

I found some good things for my 39 Desoto and Also found a packet of 1938-1939 Service bullitens and also accessories pages for my 39 Desoto.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

I got a few good buys on items for my 52. Found lots that the budget wouldn't allow. We got caught in the downpour waiting on the shuttle. Fortunately we had ponchos and umbrellas in our backpack. We're here till Sunday afternoon. We got all of red and chocolate fields done. Saturday we will start on orange and green till it peters out.

Earl

I bought 165 bucks worth of lenses for 60. I got a complete left tail light assembly with harness and a good bezel for 15. A mint wheel cover for 5. A pair of stainless headlight rings for 10. Found lots of other items that I'd of like to had but the car budget isn't unlimited.

Earl

I got a few good buys on items for my 52. Found lots that the budget wouldn't allow. We got caught in the downpour waiting on the shuttle. Fortunately we had ponchos and umbrellas in our backpack. We're here till Sunday afternoon. We got all of red and chocolate fields done. Saturday we will start on orange and green till it peters out.

Earl

shuttle ??? from where to where,,so  i  know  next time  i go,thank u

shuttle ??? from where to where,,so i know next time i go,thank u

The shuttles are school buses that are marked AACA. They run from 3 stops at the show (4 during the car show). They run to the Hersheypark Campground Resort, AACA Museum and the hotel beside the museum. They run 8 to 5 Wednesday through Friday. 7 to 3 Saturday. The bus stops are marked on the maps in the program.

Earl

Edited by mopar_earl