New Interior in Process

jd52cranbrook

I saved my dollars and change. Found a upholstery guy who was looking for work due to this bad economy. Was able to strike a deal.

Here are some before and after shots of the seats. I get the door panels next week.

The hardest part, for me anyway was moving the 20 circuit 12 volt fuse block to the recessed box I made on the fender well.

I originally put it under the front seat bottom years ago to hide, turns out it was really a inconvenient if I had to do any electrical work. So I spent the time waiting for the seats doing the rewiring all over.

Anyway, I got the seats yesterday, I did the package tray myself. Big whoop, lol

I hope the person I copied the pattern from does not mind, a form of flattery right?

DSCF3626.jpg

DSCF3625.jpg

DSCF3643.jpg

DSCF3640.jpg

Old seat

DSCF3591.jpg

You can see the headliner is shot, or just plain dirty. I plan to attack that and a new carpet this winter.

Anyway, I am pleased with the results. Vargas Upholstery in Sunnyvale, CA

Looks very nice.

Next time I'm at the In-n-Out Burger I'll have to cross the street and take a peek in his shop. I had no idea that a good upholstery shop was that close to me.

If you do go mention my name. When I first approached him he was short on work. When we finally agreed on pattern, material, etc., he had gotten busy again, and I think sorry he quoted me so low. But I told him I would pass his name around.

Thanks all, took it for it's first spin to the Livermore show today. I sit a bit higher now. But I remember reading Plymouth wanted people to sit like they were in a chair at home, I am about there now. :eek: But I really enjoy it.

I sit a bit higher now. But I remember reading Plymouth wanted people to sit like they were in a chair at home, I am about there now.

Dahm, I guess that means you will not be sending me this stuff:rolleyes:

Intrerior work may be my next project after my house is once again in order.

I think I copied Blueskies, his is a 50 I think. I did not beef it up, There are a few holes in the Pillar for the front seat in the upper location, and I fastened a bolt through one of them. They are as sturdy as the pillar itself is.

On the rear, there is some beef about ear level as you are sitting in the back seat. I don't really like where they are positioned for the back and may move them. But in the six years I have owned the car only twice did someone sit in the back.

JD,

I noticed in the interior photo that you have installed shoulder belts - have you written something on that someplace here? Did you need to beef up the mounting area?

Neto

I think I copied Blueskies, his is a 50 I think.

On the rear, there is some beef about ear level as you are sitting in the back seat. I don't really like where they are positioned for the back and may move them. But in the six years I have owned the car only twice did someone sit in the back.

I mounted my rear seat belt retractors in the trunk, and ran the belts up through the package tray. Works great.

You can see a bunch of pics here: http://www.50plymouth.com/08-uai/uai.html

Seats look great JD, wish I could have finished mine before I sold the car...

Pete