Speaking of Pets (OT)

1940plymouth

This morning I was gone for almost three hours. I couldn't take Cooper with me as I had to registar for Social Security and he would be left in the car. When I got home my wife told me that Cooper basically stood on the couch looking at the window the whole time I was gone. One I got home, you would have thought I was gone forever as the little bugger was all over me and so glad to see me. I very seldom leave the house that he doesn't go with me. A very loyal friend indeed. Just had to share my thoughts,

Bob

post-2100-13585354690958_thumb.jpg

Imagine that happening if your dog was 48" long and tall enough look you in the belt buckle. Happiness is in the eye of the dog!

Try this; put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for two days and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

Try this; put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for two days and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

That's too hilarious! We all know the answer though. Dogs respect the Alpha male but wives often don't!:P

You could have saved your bud a bit of angst, and applied on line. I get to sign up in July. Yep Yep lookin forward to being on the payroll of Uncle Sam.

Perhaps Cooper and our mutt have a common branch in their family tree.

Supposed to be Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle, but I think more like skye terrier or schauzer and poodle. She goes crazy when she hears the P 15 start up and runs to the door wanting to go.

post-3-13585354692579_thumb.jpg

I grew up with miniature Schnauzers - wonderful dogs! One got stolen, one tried to convince my dad that he was in fact the alpha dog, one gave us a puppy and lived for 15 years, and her puppy just passed away last summer at 15 years, too. I doubt my mother will cry as much at my funeral should it come prematurely.

I can still picture Bingen (mamma dog) sitting in the passenger seat of my old Mustang. Squatting on her hind legs, leaning against the seat back, right front paw on the window sill, watching the world pass by calm as can be - just a little human riding in a car. :o

I saved the photo that you antiqued of Zoe on the fender of your car, that is a great photo. I want to see if I can get Cooper to pose on my Plymouth, but I honestly don't think he will sit long enough to do so, but I haven't given up the thought

I saved the photo that you antiqued of Zoe on the fender of your car' date=' that is a great photo. I want to see if I can get Cooper to pose on my Plymouth, but I honestly don't think he will sit long enough to do so, but I haven't given up the thought[/quote']

I had to be real quick when I took this, She wanted to jump right off.

IMG_1373.jpg

Dogs are great, no question about loyalty (ever had people working for you?).

This is my Doberman "Duvel" , yesterday he was attacked by a pitbull and they want after eachother for a couple of minutes before I could seperate them.

The owner , when he finally showed up, was in no hurry at all.

Bit of swollen eye and some cuts, nothing that needed stitches (the Doberman not the owner ;) ).

Duvel is a real Doberman, very sweet dog but also very protective.

Had several Dobermans, tough dogs but very reliable.

Got three more, all "westpointers" as we call them here. The "westpointers" are less prone to illness.

The 4 of them guard the house and people think twice before jumping the fence.

John

post-132-1358535469851_thumb.jpg

I saved the photo that you antiqued of Zoe on the fender of your car' date=' that is a great photo. I want to see if I can get Cooper to pose on my Plymouth, but I honestly don't think he will sit long enough to do so, but I haven't given up the thought[/quote']

Here is the antiqued version

8hugw0-20100410082630.jpg

lol, I feel like we're those Grandma's at Perkin's who all pull out pics of the grandkids and trade 'em like baseball cards!

Zoe seems quite comfortable as a bee...although if I saw a bee that big I'd be running as fast as I could!

John, sorry to hear about the fight. Bukowski never gets in a fight...he usually just gets humped. :oThe dogs are usually too little, so he stands there, gives me a look and sighs. :rolleyes:

Lakota, looks like you had a swell best friend! I lost a pup a few years ago, still smile when I think of all the trouble he would get into.

E.L. I'm still laughing at the photo, whoever is in the drivers seat looks like an 'ol codger who was born for that car!:cool:

Greg, I know what you mean about them knowing when you take the old car out. Bukowski looks at me like a 15 year old with a learner's permit whenever he sees the car!

Neil, that's why I usually bring someone to the humane society with me, so they can adopt the dog. Then I get to play with 'em and don't have to worry about the mess!

Since everyone's sharing...:opicture.php?albumid=70&pictureid=759

You should see him when the car is rolling, ears and lips flapping in the breeze...and drool dripping on the paint!:P

This was my best friend for 10 years. Lost him a year and a half ago. 116 pounds of "baby".

ReadytoCruise2.jpg

ReadytoCruise.jpg

Sorry about your loss. I went from a greyhound to a boxer. Talk about a 180! I finally made it past the puppy stage with Cooper, if there's such a thing as a boxer growing out of their puppy stage...