Please Read The Update Announcement... ×

1941 Plymouth Engine paint colour?

bob_amos

Hi guys, been a while since I've been here. Actually, drop in all the time, do a little light reading, but just haven't logged on.

I have a question on paint colour on a 1941 Plymouth engine. I know the post war cars all had silver painted engines and transmissions with black accessories. But I am not sure if the '41 was the same as I know there were engines called silver dome engines that were black blocks and silver heads, hense the dome name. Anyone know for sure what is suppose to be on this one? Thanks.

Bob I think Plymouth went to all silver in 35 when the waterjackets were cast in to the engines for the first time. Prior were black blocks with silver heads.

I red some wherre that there was a Red Head (high compression maybe aluminum) uses some time in the 30's but not sure it it was actually red. Or for that matter actualy high compression, might have gone from 5.5 to 1 to 6.5 to 1 or something like that.

No mopar flathead was every factory seafoam green. Most of them were silver with black accessories.Some of the really early ones were black with a silver head.

=I have a question on paint colour on a 1941 Plymouth engine.

Bob;

Good to see you posting again. Have you checked with the POC judges on engine color for 1941? I would think they would have the best answer.

My '47 Plymouth engine block and oil pan is a seafoam green color. It looks original in that after a thorough cleaning I found the head is rusted and paint is gone. Hope this helps. Mike

Most likely you have a Jasper (or another rebuilders) engine in your car.

Hi guys, been a while since I've been here. Actually, drop in all the time, do a little light reading, but just haven't logged on.

I have a question on paint colour on a 1941 Plymouth engine. I know the post war cars all had silver painted engines and transmissions with black accessories. But I am not sure if the '41 was the same as I know there were engines called silver dome engines that were black blocks and silver heads, hense the dome name. Anyone know for sure what is suppose to be on this one? Thanks.

http://www.ply33.com/Backmatter/EngineColor