$2.99 gas tonight

BobT-47P15

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the state of high taxes' date=' gas is down to 1.91.9 in the next town ten miles east of here, 2.09.9 at the Citgo here in our little hamlet.

My son in Oklahoma called yesterday, he said gas was 1.95 where he lives between Lawton and OKC[/quote']

I would not buy any of that Cysar Chevas Citgo even if it was a penny a gallon. Please buy gas at any other station. Chevas believes that our President is the devil and our country is populated by a bunch of loosers.

Enough said. Not political, We only have one president.

kai

Try the www.gasbuddy.com site and click on the gas temperature map. Its very interesting how prices can vary in very short distances, especially across state lines.

I use it to find cheap gas locally, you can pick your town, and brand. Use the shortest time lapse to get the latest reports.

Try the www.gasbuddy.com site and click on the gas temperature map. Its very interesting how prices can vary in very short distances, especially across state lines.

I use it to find cheap gas locally, you can pick your town, and brand. Use the shortest time lapse to get the latest reports.

Niel, you do have an advantage where you live. Just up the road from you, you have all those refinery's in the Hammond and East Chicago area.

Using logic, that would be true. However, its well known around here that proximity has nothing to do with price. When the local dealers decide on "this weeks price", thats what it will be no matter what supply or demand calls for. Usually we have the highest prices in the state. Laporte, where the gas is cheaper, is two counties away from Lake county where the gas is made. Right now in lake county, the cheapest gas is $1.37.9. still not bad.

Using logic, that would be true. However, its well known around here that proximity has nothing to do with price. When the local dealers decide on "this weeks price", thats what it will be no matter what supply or demand calls for. Usually we have the highest prices in the state. Laporte, where the gas is cheaper, is two counties away from Lake county where the gas is made. Right now in lake county, the cheapest gas is $1.37.9. still not bad.

That's better than here in the Milwaukee area. Heard on the news yesterday that the lowest price they found around here was $149.9. It's probably higher in Lake County because of it's proximity to Chicago.

The party is over, here. This morning I went out to play with the new GPS and gas was $1.37 all across town. Returning at 4PM, its now $1.59 everywhere in town.

My gripe is that within a half an hour, prices go up the same amount at every station all over town. All this without any of them taking delivery of new gas.

Sorry, I'll stop now while I still can. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sign me, PO'd in Hobart

The party is over, here. This morning I went out to play with the new GPS and gas was $1.37 all across town. Returning at 4PM, its now $1.59 everywhere in town.

My gripe is that within a half an hour, prices go up the same amount at every station all over town. All this without any of them taking delivery of new gas.

Sign me, PO'd in Hobart

No surprise to me. A long time ago I worked for a service station owner who had a large station on one end of town. If he got bored he would drop his price a few cents per gallon, wait about 10 minutes, then drive down the main drag to the other side of town to see how many stations had copied his move. He knew where they started because he drove through town every morning to check the other stations prices.

Marty

Is this thread the longest or most active thread on our site?

Nah, some joker:p started a "Winter In Manitoba" thread a couple of years ago, it lasted about a year:D , with hundreds of replies:eek: . Wonder who might have done that:rolleyes:

Sign me, PO'd in Hobart

It's probably due to speculation. In this mornings business section of the paper it said the stock market took a dip due to the Senate not approving the Bail Out for the auto makers yesterday. Then the investors put more money into the oil prices speculation raising the oil price by a couple of dollars per barrel again. So.........gas prices may jump a little due to that or stay the same instead of going lower.

Fred I went back and found that again and thought about starting it up again. its got 10 pages I think.....

Ed, go for it, I think, everyone on here needs to know how much we suffer during a Manitoba/Minnesota type winter:eek: , mind you the Twin Cities area has about the best of the weather,:rolleyes: comparing Minnesota and Manitoba:D ........Fred