TDC block plug.

rcl700
Go to solution Solved by Los_Control,

I have (2) 230s. When checking the plug at the rear of the head, the hole seems blocked off. I thought the motor in the car possibly had something broken off under the plug but I checked the other motor and it's the same. Am I missing something? Did all of these motors have this hole opened to allow for finding the location of #6 piston?

Carbon is hard...

Well I can tell you my 29 DeSoto has one, (but if course it is a flathead screwdriver pipe screw which makes it fun to remove) so I would think they had the hole since the beginning of close to it.

Edited by Hickory

• Solution

As a retired carpenter, I just took a hammer & nail  and cleared the carbon out. ....... BAD IDEA!

Just use a small pilot drill and drill through it .... then go up a step and remove more .... clean the carbon out of the hole.

Drilling it out will turn it into a powder that gets sucked out of the exhaust valve .... punching it out with a hammer & nail will produce a hard chunk of carbon that will get stuck in the exhaust valve when you start it.

The hole is there for you to use, over years of use it fills up with carbon. .... Just be cautious how you remove it.