dodge fenders difference

j51valencia

I bought a 1946 dodge business coupe body. I know 1946-1948 were pretty much the same as far as changing body parts within those years but when did the fender and frame change? I'm looking for the fenders and frame and was wondering if I could use a 1949 fenders and frame to put on there

20210609_131313.jpg

Edited by j51valencia

I know with my DeSoto in late 1947 they got the new 15" wheels with balloon tires and they made the front fenders a little fatter, which also made the front fender moldings a little wider.  This was so the new fat tires wouldn't scrape the fenders.  I don't know if this is true with Dodge.  I have a 47 Dodge Parts Book, which probably came out before the change.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarcDeSoto said:

I know with my DeSoto in late 1947 they got the new 15" wheels with balloon tires and they made the front fenders a little fatter, which also made the front fender moldings a little wider.  This was so the new fat tires wouldn't scrape the fenders.  I don't know if this is true with Dodge.  I have a 47 Dodge Parts Book, which probably came out before the change.  

True post war models have fatter fenders but 15x7.50 was also standard on 1940-42 Chrysler 8 and optional trim for 6 cyl. 

Edited by chrysler1941