Mom and Dad

Don Jordan

I've been going through scrap books for my wife.  She is really into genealogy and so we are trying to put names to faces.  I'm telling you now for the sake of your kids write names and dates so people can be identified.  I've got pictures and it says 1918.

post-309-0-96125300-1463530528_thumb.jpg

this is my mother and father right after I was born

• Like 2

Plymouths and Parents? I think this one is from the Late 1970s. post-7278-0-39686900-1463575513_thumb.jpg

And how about Plymouths and Grandparents? This one is from 1993. post-7278-0-90502800-1463575635_thumb.jpg

Old photos and family stories make these cars even more special.

• Like 1

Often times, people will appear in several family photos from different sources.

It is then possible to cross reference and identify them. I have a wedding photo

and I did not recognize anyone at first. It had a studio date of 1905.  The groom

looked like someone I had seen elsewhere and I knew Uncle Jim and Aunt Maggie had been married that year,

sure enough , but who were the other two people?  I went on line to my province's Vital Stats and pulled a copy of the wedding certificate.

The attendants were the bride's brother and my own grandmother ! This was the earliest photo I had ever seen of her.

All this research took less than an hour and I had identified everyone in the photo.  Very rewarding . I had almost discarded the photo

and I am now glad I hadn't.   Of course photos with old Plymouths are more valuable but some people like weddings.

Plymouths and Parents? I think this one is from the Late 1970s. attachicon.gifScan_001_HiRes.jpg

I am almost positive that guy in the first photo is an actor,but can't think of his name.

The woman looks vaguely familiar,too.

"Of course photos with old Plymouths are more valuable but some people like weddings."

Coming full circle,the weddings often led to couples buying new Plymouths.

4 drs. (G)

I am almost positive that guy in the first photo is an actor,but can't think of his name.

The woman looks vaguely familiar,too.

Nope, just my parents! Both are USAF vets, and I doubt my father ever did any acting.

Here are two more, the first one is my younger sister Bonnie and myself with my Uncle Don's '57 Chevy in the back ground between us and the cow barn, while the second one is my two cousins, and I in front of Dad's 1954 Ford.  Both were taken in the same door yard

post-668-0-33158500-1463762932_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-76977600-1463762982_thumb.jpg

• Like 1