Goodbye old friend

oldodge41

I had my '69 Dart for more than 20 years and sold it today to a nice fellow from West Virginia. Hate to see it go, but I decided I needed to get down to one antique car. Garage space and time being the deciding factors. I am keeping the '41 Dodge and hope to have more time to enjoy, drive and upgrade it now. So here is my Dart GT loaded up and headed to West Virginia. 

post-3549-0-19251500-1450570319_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I had my '69 Dart for more than 20 years and sold it today to a nice fellow from West Virginia. Hate to see it go, but I decided I needed to get down to one antique car. Garage space and time being the deciding factors. I am keeping the '41 Dodge and hope to have more time to enjoy, drive and upgrade it now. So here is my Dart GT loaded up and headed to West Virginia. 

That had to have been painful.

I do know what you are going through,though. I am starting to thin my herd,too. Just flat out too old to fix and maintain them all.

• Like 1

Sad day -  to part with a car you're particularly fond of and I suppose a decision we may all have to deal with down the road... :(

• Like 1

My father had one that color combo. Not sure what year it was,maybe a 70, as he had it when I was off to college and first year of work. was a 318 torque flight.  At the same time my mother had one of those Swingers with the flowered vinyl roof.

• Like 1

Old cars, cars in general, were the bond that kept Dad and I close. I lost Dad last April, I think of him a lot, but letting go of the car has brought back a ton of memories. Bitttersweet memories, but it is all good. Dad never really understood why I kept the '41 and the '69. He liked to buy them, fix them up and sell them to get money for the next project. We did quite a few that way. I kept the Dart because it was the car of my dreams in my youth. I had a Road Runner, a Duster, a 'Cuda, etc, but I always wanted a 1969 Dart. The 1941 Dodge was the largest undertaking Dad and I ever did, far from a perfect car and far from what most would want. It has more of Dad and I in it than anything ever should, so when it came time to make a decision on which one to let go of it was an easy decision. Thanks Dad for helping me decide what to do yet again!

• Like 2

Dads are neat people and funny at the same time.

When I bought my Plymouth twenty some odd years ago, we lived in Central NY about two plus hours north of my Dad.  He came up one weekend shortly after we had the old Plymouth up and running.  I couldn't wait to take him for a ride, well, when he saw the car his reply was.   "Bob, what the ........ are you going to do with this, they were junk when new and still junk today.   He never really thought of cars other than an evil necessity.  Before the weekend was over I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride, he smiled and said yes, so off we went.   About two or three years later we moved down here about five miles from Dad.   He would always smile and go for a ride with me when ever asked until he got too sick to do so.  He has been gone almost four and a half years and is missed,

post-668-0-30540500-1450627425_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I sold my pro street 66 Dart about 8 years ago. I know how you feel. I did it mainly to help finance my 50 Ply wagon build. It's hard to see them go but when you get the present build done, you feel better. I loved my pro street but as I got older, I do like comfort and being able to hear the stereo and talk inside without yelling.

• Like 1