Happy Thanksgiving

Tatback

The Chrysler should be all finished up this weekend and I just wanted to say Thank you everyone for helping me along the way. I'm very thankful for everyone I have in my life and I'm also thankful that you all are there to help a complete stranger and take time out of your lives so I can get my car on the road. It's been a very pleasurable experience so far and I haven't even taken that first cruise yet.

(Sorry for the sappy post, I'm sitting in the hot tub with the wife and sipping whisky and just thinking about the car and how far I've been able to come because of this forum)

• Like 4

Wow, you need help! LOL "sitting in the hot tub with your wife, thinking about your CAR?

I would never do that!

( it would be my truck) :^)

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 3

I thought I was pathetic having nothing to do or be anywhere and looking at d24 forum . But here someone else is posting. Kids grown, busy own life were retired didn't get invited anywhere so I drink coffee look at old cars on net try get motivated to work out in shop on the 47 sedan. Is it wrong to work on your cars on thanksgiving?

• Like 1

dodgeguy, on 26 Nov 2015 - 1:25 PM, said:

I thought I was pathetic having nothing to do or be anywhere and looking at d24 forum . But here someone else is posting. Kids grown, busy own life were retired didn't get invited anywhere so I drink coffee look at old cars on net try get motivated to work out in shop on the 47 sedan. Is it wrong to work on your cars on thanksgiving?

it is more wrong to sit on your butt when you can be working on your old car...I would be if not on the entertainment committee for company...such a beautiful day it is..if not your old car, maybe gets the lights figured out for the shop..

• Like 1

Had my first ever white Thanksgiving.  Almost pulled something trying to remember if I'd ever had one before, but I hadn't.  (And surprisingly to me, but normal according to the locals, the snow's all gone today.)  We're a long way from any family up here, so it was just the missus and me, but we had a good day.  She doesn't like anyone else in the kitchen when she's cooking, so I got to play with the dog in the snow, and putter around the house, to include some quality time with the D24 out in the garage.  I hope everyone had a good day yesterday, no matter what you did.

Black Friday..what better day to take the 54 Plymouth out of the barn and for a short ride...of course after sitting literally months on end without being started..it did take about 7 short bursts to start the baby..battery however was up...(Optima) aired the tires...while they were a few lbs low...(temp may be a factor here) they were equally low all around including the spare, all at 22lbs...may cruise her to the next town just for the heck of it..The tiger went around the block a couple times also  but it was not but two weeks ago I drove this car last

Black Friday..what better day to take the 54 Plymouth out of the barn and for a short ride...of course after sitting literally months on end without being started..it did take about 7 short bursts to start the baby..battery however was up...(Optima) aired the tires...while they were a few lbs low...(temp may be a factor here) they were equally low all around including the spare, all at 22lbs...may cruise her to the next town just for the heck of it..The tiger went around the block a couple times also  but it was not but two weeks ago I drove this car last

I can only imagine how heavy the black Friday traffic must be in Elco. I would guess the sales at Paul Davis' general store are out of sight as postage stamps are the only thing sold there these days. As I hear it after the boll weevil wiped out the cotton crop and the cinders from the steam locomotive burned down the business district peaches came to the rescue but Elco was never the same.