Been Awhile

LAKOTA169

Since I've been here. Just escaped after 32 days in the hospital. Got hit with a Myasthenia Gravis Crisis. A few of those days were in ICU where I had 5 Plasmapheresis procedures. Then a couple of days out of ICU, and I had a temp of105 because of an infection. Problems with speech and swallowing. And for a short time, breathing. Swallowing has improved to the point where I can eat some food, but still having some speech problems. A little weak getting around, but that is getting better. Going to take a while.

• Like 1

Wow, You crawled thru the DEEP end of the muck pool. Glad to hear you are well on the road back . Soon well enough to be back behind the wheel of your favorite ride.

• Like 1

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. I can empathize as I went through a Septic Arthritic infection in 08 that just about killed me. I know how you feel. It will get better. But it will seem like forever until you are back to normal.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this stuff happens more and more as we get older.  Fortunately modern medical science helps us make it as far as we have.  Hang in there.  Get better.  Give everyone you love a hug and get back out in the garage.

• Like 1