Dual exhaust vs single exhaust

rfcr
Go to solution Solved by rfcr,

:D I can't say it would be for everyone but as for me its my money my car and my likes.

Just wanted to say if you want it do it I was told by a shop 700 for twin pipes, well I don't grow the money like Tim, but I do have my understanding of how to get things done my way.

If its not to someone's liking to bad, I bought a box of thirteen 90's from JEGS and two 10 ft pipes 2 inch and I made my own.

So far no mufflers as it sounds good but if I think later it needs them, I won't have a problem getting them on.

I split my own manifold by cutting the heat riser out ( not much need for them in AZ) and welded a concave peace of steel that blocks the front three.

If that wrong sorry it works for me.

I get a lot of help from my Truck and car buddy's on this forum, passing the time with them or talking shop, most can give you an idea or tell you Hey ! did that and it did or didn't work.

I have built cars for years and I love to play, as for making money with these old Plymouth or Dodge Truck, really don't think that will happen but when and if I get this project done it will be mine.

I am saying all this to say if you feel like you want twins or 12 volt or an Alt, its yours.

Ask you will get a lot of info and we all mean well but its your project just do it. :lol:  

Seabee Can Do Have Done B) 

Edited by seabee1950
  • Like 1

:D I can't say it would be for everyone but as for me its my money my car and my likes.

Just wanted to say if you want it do it I was told by a shop 700 for twin pipes, well I don't grow the money like Tim, but I do have my understanding of how to get things done my way.

Wow, I was quoted 450-500 for dual exhaust on my 52 coronet

here in the name of sam is all this money????????  inquiring minds want to know...

but dollar for dollar and minute for minute...I assure you paid the tab in full....regardless of the method you did the job...as I told CB on chat...making an exhaust out of store bought prebent pieces was not hard and rather affordable as I have done a few that way myself...but the real question remains...where the hang is that money...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 7 years later...

Talked with George Aschein PA. He runs a triple carb dual exhaust 1929 Desoto. Well he is 90 years old. Mild cam, dual exhaustand dual carbs adds 40 hp to Canadian 25 in h motor. Sounds good and l will take the extra power. Looks good too!