1950 Suburban 5.7 Hemi project

Don Colliau

Looks and sounds fantastic! Beautiful fab work, sir.

Thanks! Nothing new to report. Been busy fixing daily drivers. Seems everybody is broken down right now. Ford Ranger spring perch problems. Silverado starters. Cadillac northstar harmonic balancers. Got to get back to hot rods.

A hotrod would be defined by a baby hemi or 392 with a dizzy and points....several carbies on engine. 4 speed........your have a modern street rod with all the bells and whistles, electronics...efi.. pcm, newer motor.

I am torn between the two....rods have a certain cool factor combined with uncertainy, street rods are flashy and awesome with all that modern bling, and VERY dependable. But when it comes right down to it I believe that my stocker pleases me the most overall.

PLUS I AM CHEAP...LOL!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the wagon Don?

Nothing really new here. Been working on wiring and a cruise control. The cruise was suppose to be plug an play. I am waiting for a new module and harness because the first one didn't work. Had issues with the power stering whining. Changed out the remote tank with a one with a larger return line. It seems to have fixed the problem. AC lines are all run. Getting closer to blocking the whole car and start painting.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been going really slow around here lately. Wiring, curing the power steering noise and installing the cruise control. I have installed headlights from the new Jeep Wrangler for a different look. I have done some work to the console too.

IMG_0448_zpsyfverr3x.jpg

IMG_0447_zpswkupn5bi.jpg

Don Colliau On 17 Oct. 2015 - 1:15  said

I would like to have that!  

Yeah so would I. I have some original ones Produced by Product Miniatures Co.

This Green and the Tan ones are 1950s

IMG_6022_zpsrkqfwi6g.jpg

IMG_6023_zps710axoqa.jpg

The Maroon one is a1951

IMG_6025_zpsl1otbu0o.jpg

Edited by LODI3QTR
  • Like 1

None of the models have the correct original type rear bumper and splash pan with the "lower stepped" area in the center to mount the license plate and light.

I do like all the models overall though!

DJ

None of the models have the correct original type rear bumper and splash pan with the "lower stepped" area in the center to mount the license plate and light.

I do like all the models overall though!

DJ

These were all made as simple toys for kids to play with, Not models to be built by adults. 

• Like 1

I found them all on e Bay they don't come up very often in very good condition. i save searches on my e Bay account and I look every day i get a chance for what ever i'm looking for. I looked four years for NOS rear quarters for my '60 & '62 Ford Falcons but I found them....

Edited by LODI3QTR

• 2 weeks later...