mrwrstory

Who was it that said "90% of the job in 10% of the time and 10% of the job in 90% of the time"?  They was right!  Seems I've been workin and stressin for days,....and I am no closer to the end!  :huh: 

At work we say we get 90% of the money for 10% of the headaches, and 10% of the money for the other 90%. Too bad 90% is not a passing grade in real life. They expect engineers to do 100% of the work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure you could run a P15 (gently) quite a ways without water in it.

I drove a stock Cadillac 50 miles in the desert with no water in it at all. It blew a freeze plug behind the starter. I shoulda tried to stuff something back there to keep the water in, but I didn't care about that car (173,000 miles on it) so I just drove home. Gently...very gently home.

It got a couple new freeze plugs, some Prestone, and an oil change; and I finally sold it with 208,000, and it still ran great, but leaked water from the radiator.

That Caddy was the 368cid, which was a de-bored 427 AFAIK. Great engine...all smogged up though. Needed to breathe.

I wanted to run it in the P-15 until I figured out how wide it was.

• 2 weeks later...

What's not to love?  :)

Still I'm wondering how it'd work with no distributor, a crank trigger, and one coil per plug like my Tacoma.

Edited by Ulu

Still I'm wondering how it'd work with no distributor, a crank trigger, and one coil per plug like my Tacoma.

That has been in the back of my mind too.  However, I don't think I'd live long enough to figger it out  :lol: 

I noted a pic is gone from my earlier post.  Probably 'cause I replaced it with a better view or an updated image.  I'm resorting to shooting pics today because I'm burned out from working in the heat.  Note the trusty P-15 "parts runner" in the background.

IMG_2418_zpsqy2baep6.jpg

-

IMG_2415_zpsieyilxkk.jpg

-

Img_2408_zpszzdlukv1.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 4

Bill, Your project will sure be a Head Turner at any show you bring the Beast to. Can't wait to see the flames and hear the thunder that will come from that  Monster.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm workin already!!!!!  But, it's been brutally hot and I dither.  Update after the weekend.  Hope for a "putt" Tues.

I'm gonna make it!  Oops,....that was last yesterday.  Next Tuesday, okay! :huh: 

If the last 10% takes 90%,....the last 5% another 90.

Details and small hiccups  take forever but my optimism,......naivete reins supreme.  Resolved shocks.  Figured how to assemble the Lincoln brakes w/o having one on the other side for reference.   Headers get cinched down for the last time today.  Next is tryin to figger which wires make the car run and installing drive shaft.  Once on all fours gotta do the alignment and cinch everything down.  Monday is muffler shop,.............I hope.

IMG_2477_zpssje7dsut.jpg

I'm wondering though, with the '47 seemingly done and the Hemi build looking like it's coming to an end, what's the next project build thread we'll be treated to?  :D

There's a gillion things I'd like to do on both cars,....like wheel wells, interior and tunes on the Plymouth and cowl vent, interior and top on the Roadster.  But,...road miles is one of my greatest pleasures, (along with fabrication).   We'll see how long before I get the itch to bite off something almost more than I can chew.

In the meantime, got the Roadster on the trailer this morning for the exhaust system (after a weekend thrash).  Sunday evening, even 'tho I gotta ton of brass fittings, I'm frantically searching hardware and auto-parts stores, before they close, to find "the" fitting that leaked badly upon first fire.  Got that resolved and several other surprise items by 10:00am today.

Hoping for some serious road miles by week's end.

IMG_2497_zpswe6lx8li.jpg

-

IMG_2516_zpskx6xqw6q.jpg

-

IMG_2517_zps1cyoukbt.jpg

-

IMG_2525_zpsg573gxwk.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 1