first project car 1940 dodge luxury liner

joshmodelskidoo

although i think it might be a 41 because of the way the hood opens. mostly complete but missing the radiator. the wife and i have been wanting a project car and i had been asking around but i wanted a mid 30s something or other but a lady i work with had this car that was her dads that was sitting in there barn when he passed, i looked at it before and was going to trade my camper for it but passed and she never sold it so after a couple years i picked it up today. had to plow a path to the barn and got the ol geo tracker plow truck stuck. yes i said a geo tracker. then i went and got a trailer to get her home, measured the car and its 3in to long to fit in my lean to so tomorrow i plan to take off the bumpers to get her inside. im thinking i will free up the flathead and fix the breaks and she will be a rat for now. the plan is to put duel carbs and headers with duel exhaust, some fat white walls and lower it a couple inches. i havent decided on fish tails or lake pipes but i do want to keep her old school but it might get a v8 if the motor stays frozen. very simular to this one but no fender skirts/fillers a guess you would call them but maybe a visor http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?38122-1941-Dodge-Luxury-Liner

Yup, that is definitely a 1941 Dodge. Not because of the way the hood opens (my '40 hood also opens like that) but because of well... everything :) .Good luck with your project. 

Phil

Edited by 40phil41

Very nice project.

P1040014.jpg

Unless I read the original post wrong, I think he was using the link with pictures as an example. This looks like another members car...maybe he'll chime in.

Lol. Thats ok. I do the samething. So since it was to long for the lean to i made a temperary garage for it. Git a 10x20ft canopy and put it on a pallet floor that i covered with some scrap plywood sheets i got from work. Dont put one of those together if theres any wind what so ever by the way

looks great ! ( a lot better than the 39 Im waiting for!)  any more pix, hows the interior?

put some marvels mistery oil down the cylinders on friday and saturday i got her freed up. im pretty stoked about that. when i first got the car i sat in it and shut the doors but i couldnt open the front doors from inside. does anybody know how to unlock this? am i missing something or do i have to break into the door?