Another Junkyard Trip French Lake

Young Ed

Made another trip to french lake. From my photos its been 3 years. Here's what I got. Mostly 66 fury parts and a slant 6 electronic ignition to convert to flathead use. Oh and I finally got my 53 dodge speedometer to try and fit into a 39-47 dodge truck.

Not pictured is a 51 IHC 1/2 ton wheel and starter for dads 55 and a rear door panel we thought would fit our wagon. Apparently 66 4dr and 66 wagon rear doors aren't the same.

IMAG1013.jpg

Edited by Young Ed

53 dodge wagons. I got my speedometer out of one of these. The L car went to 100MPH and the R one went up to 120. Anyone know why? The 120MPH one was in much better shape so thats the one I took. There was also a 53 vert with a messed up one too.

IMAG0997.jpg

Those 1951-52 Imperial Limo's should have the factory Ausco-Lambert 4 wheel disc brakes! Pretty rare cars as is that 1951-2 Imperial hardtop!

Bob

There are several cars in those pictures that could still be projects, don't you think? ... It's a shame how some of them just get dragged off and all but forgotten.

I love the virtual tour, though. Thanks!

The chrome on some of those looks very good in the pics.  It's good there are still some places like that as most have disappeared around here.

I'm sure the activity and volume are not as much as a late model salvage.  Thanks for the pics.      

The chrome on some of those looks very good in the pics.  It's good there are still some places like that as most have disappeared around here.

I'm sure the activity and volume are not as much as a late model salvage.  Thanks for the pics.      

Bob these guys are a very active late model salvage yard and actually very active old car yard too. They bought up 250 cars this past spring mostly mopars which I'm sure is where some of these pretty complete looking ones came from.

• 1 month later...

Went again today. Posted an update to the truck side about the truck related stuff. http://p15-d24.com/topic/29494-trip-to-a-yard/

Here's the car stuff. Parking light buckets for p15 they will need cleaning and most of the mounting studs replaced but they should be fixable. 56 12v starter and 54 dodge speedometer for my slightly custom 40 plymouth truck project. 3 out of 4 grill pieces for a 41-47 dodge truck. The upper piece was pretty dented and had holes drilled through it so I left that one. Found a mix of new and used rocker panel clips sitting in a 46-48 dodge. Same car had a new and used elec choke mounting gaskets. The bumper bolts were sitting there too.  Also an in the DPCD box tierod end but I suspected it was the one they took off stuck in the box so I left it. One drivers side 62 dodge grill piece for Plymouthy. Not a bad days work.

Edit forgot to mention I snagged a rear seat for a coupe ash tray knob. I was short one for my coupe. This one I think came out of a dodge but it looks the same.

IMAG1138.jpg

Edited by Young Ed

This cool desoto convert in the buy me whole section. Gotta be a rare one. I don't think I've ever seen one before. A lot of the front end was inside it.

IMAG1136.jpg

• Like 2

Some random oldies. A lot of this stuff used to be in random other places of the yard. They are sorting out stuff and I think getting rid of some of the really picked over rusted away stuff. There was a huge area in the center that was freshly graded and graveled. The fords and GMs that were in that area were all stuffed randomly into the mopar section.

IMAG1131.jpg

Edited by Young Ed

I love the DeSoto convertible. ... And I don't know if that clock is rare, but I know I love it! Did you leave it behind?

I did! I didn't know if it was worth grabbing and I have enough stuff laying about.....