What Spark Plugs For A 47 P15?

larryconnors

I took the spark plug numbers off the maintenance section of this site and headed off to the parts store(s). It seems that Autolite A7, and AN7 as well as Champion J8 And AR8 and AC44 are no longer valid numbers. Does anyone know what modern equivalent resister spark plugs I can use?

I took the spark plug numbers off the maintenance section of this site and headed off to the parts store(s). It seems that Autolite A7, and AN7 as well as Champion J8 And AR8 and AC44 are no longer valid numbers. Does anyone know what modern equivalent resister spark plugs I can use?

everyone of these plugs is an easy cross reference..ask your retailer to their job and get the brand of your choice in the specific heat range as specified by the original manufactuer...as your engine wears do does the need to alter your heat range...

now...you got to ask yourself this..is my engine at the peak of its game? tired worn engine could require a change in the heat range to help get optimum performance...so first before you can ask what plug, you must ask yourself what is the condition of my engine..what is good for one is not necessarily good for another..the plug you have in the engine now is a good place sto start...have you pulled it and read the characteristic of it condition that would point to certain internal conditions of your engine....it start with a recommendation from the maker..it relies on you to fill in the blanks...be proactive beyond just asking..the answer may not apply to you but perfect for the guy suggesting it..

also how you drive you car and enviroment (city.. highway all local or long distance) plays a great amount into the plug application also..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I ordered Autolite 306's today. They'll be in on Tuesday.

They had to order them in special? Strange, I just walk in and get them from O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, Autozone, Advanced, D.A.P., NAPA, Carquest, Federated, National... even Tractor Supply. Must not be all that many gasoline tractors where you live, that plug is common as dirt for older machinery.

Edited by Scruffy49