1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe

j.coulter

Hey All, sorry if this has been answered before, but I was having trouble figuring out how to navigate the search option on the forum.  I have a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe, 3 on the tree.  It is all original.  I'm looking to get a head gasket for it and the parts shop asked me if its a 231 or a 251.  Embarrasing enough, I don't know the answer to that!  haha!  Anyone able to help?

Way to come in there Shel...folks so quickly overlook the local big box for parts..I often get mine form either Advance or O'rielly for a vast savings over NAPA..while not knocking the Napa, they are individually owed and operated..our local has the county maintenance contract and well...they get their bread and butter there..seems little guy from the street gets less than second rate service..not so it seems for the one uptown however..they treat you fairly

I wish the Advanced nearest to me would handle anything prior to 1995. I've tried, they are too lazy to special order pretty much anything... $37 for something "crappa" (I really don't like NAPA) wants $80 for...

Guess I'll switch which location I go to. Same exact parts, less than 1/2 the price... worth the 3 mile difference in travel.

I wish the Advanced nearest to me would handle anything prior to 1995. I've tried, they are too lazy to special order pretty much anything... $37 for something "crappa" (I really don't like NAPA) wants $80 for...

Order online, pick up at store. There is often a discount code to use online.

EDIT: and to add to that, you can also order online when the items are in stock in the store, get the discount, and go pick them up.

Edited by shel_bizzy_48

Might cost me a couple extra bucks, but I prefer to keep the little guys in business.

Gotta agree with this. I always go to the local parts store before any of the big box stores or places like NAPA. The smaller local store I go to will go out of its way to find parts for older cars. It is just part of their DNA to go the extra mile. They also have a lot of parts books which often show items that their computers don't.