New With A '41

chop

Hi everyone! New here on this forum with a '41 Dodge sedan. I bought the car about 2 years ago, got it running then traded it to a friend of mine for a '62 Mercury wagon.  A few months ago he said he wanted to get something different so I traded my '54 Chevy to him and got my Dodge back. I've already done the floor pans, all new brakes and rebuilt the motor with a few hop-up parts

P1040014.jpg

P1040015.jpg

IMG_20130303_143045.jpg

IMG_20130315_142355.jpg

Thanks! The color on the firewall is really close to the original regimental blue, just a hair darker but barely enough to be noticeable. I thought silver was kind of a boring color for an engine so I went with 60's Pontiac blue.

chop,

Indeed, welcome!  Portland is one of my favorite cities; I went to PSU and owned a house across the Banfield from Providence hospital.

Commenting on the engine color, that's what I painted mine and there's at least one other person here with that color block. When I painted it I called it Seafoam Green, which was an accent color on a '61 Chevy we had when I was young.  I've always liked it but it was a stock GM color so I can only imagine it made the rounds through most of their brands under a number of names.

-Randy