Site Offline 10/30/24 starting 9:30 AM PST ×

Fender Pullin Question

There is room, just, for a thin open end wrench to sneak in. I took the complete nose assembly off my 49 a couple weekends ago. If you are lucky the nut has not rusted away to round... Got sick of fighting mine and hit it with a small cut off wheel. Had to cut the lowest rear bolts as well.

Stainless steel or marine grade bronze hardware when it goes back together.

Ya...in the video I say to open the door to get to the jam bolt. All the bolts are subject to being rusty, but as you continue to work on the truck, removal in the future is easier because the bolts are now cleaner and not fighting you so much.

48D

The 2 bolts on the front of the clip. Are the bolts anything special or can I use the torch on them and replace them easily???  They look like 1/2 inch bolts. noel

The ones on the bottom on the radiator support? If its those I would not cut them. They are welded studs on the radiator support. Just spray them with something to breakup the rust and use a breaker bar with a pipe if you need it and get it off intact. 

Thanks Joe. I will give it a try. Does it have a rubber pad on the front mount???

Just metal to metal I'm pretty sure. That's how mine was when I took it apart, and that's how it is now. 

To make sure we are talking about the same thing...you are talking about the two mounting holes on the frame in the center of the front cross member right? The mount where the radiator support bolts to?

post-3516-0-80783000-1363575530_thumb.jpg

post-3516-0-20593600-1363575681_thumb.jpg

If you really cant get them off by using pentrating oil and heat, then cutting them off is what you will have to do. Once the radiator support is out of the truck it wouldnt be a huge deal to remove the cut studs and reweld two new ones in. I think if you are persistant enough with the heat and oil you should be good to go.

Best of luck

-Chris

I used a 3M pad on my air whizzer and cleaned the bolts. The air wrench pulled the nuts .  How does the gas pedal come off??? does it just pop out of the pedal???  thanks every one noel

Just pulls right off. 

thanks Merle!!!  I'm just about ready to pull the motor n tranny. What's the correct term for the fuzzy channel the (door)  window glass slides in?? I need to get some from Roberts.What does the park lite glass on the front of a b-3-c suppose to look like? Is it just a clear lens and a ring?? I seen on craigs where a 52 has a bigger metal cover around the glass that matchs the rest of the grill. I was wondering if mine was missing. thanks noel in nm

Edited by lugnut123