Another glass fuel bowl question...

I did quite a bit of searching here, but didn't find my answer so here it goes. I have a carter fuel bowl on my T310 engine that has a rubber gasket. The gasket has an inner & an outer ring which are joined in 4 spots. I would like to replace it but it doesn't seem to exist. Funny thing is NAPA lists the part with a picture, but they told me it is not available. My question is, can I just replace it with a regular cork jobber? The inner ring must serve some purpose, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. This sound familiar to any one? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

Could it be that there was a brass mesh screen/filter between the two gaskets? One of my antique John Deere's had that setup in the sediment bowl. Mike

I have 2 glass bowls on my truck. One is at the inlet of the fuel pump and has a screen at the top. This is sort of a pre-filter/sediment bowl. The other is at the inlet to the carburator. This one has a ceramic filter in it. This one has the gasket as described. I thought Napa had them. I think YoungEd has some good pictures and P/N's for the gasket and replacement filter.

You might also try a tractor shop or the tractor parts isle of your local farm supply store. These glass bowls are quite common in the agg industry.

Merle

i bought a "replacement" fuel pump that had the glass bowl but that pump kept messing up on me so i ended up slapping on one with out the bowl and just added a glass filter inline so i can see what my fuel looks like and if i am getting fuel, but since i converted my car to 12v i will most likely put on a electric pump and just block off the spot where my stock one sits.

Thanks guys. Merle, When my Dad looked at it last night he asked if it was missing a filter.:) If that's the case & I'm not able to find a filter, then I should be fine with a standard gasket; but how bad do I need that filter? I'll try to get some pictures up tonight after work to confirm. This is the bowl leading in to the carb. I also have the one leading in to the fuel pump which does have the brass screen. I'll check tractor supply too.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Edited by 50farmtruck

Haha! You guys are great!

Young Ed, that is the filter set up I have (minus the filter) & looks like the filter you posted will be a nice fit. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Maverick & Merle, I checked ebay just out of curiosity & found a couple with the ceramic filters. Was thinking of bidding on one but since I don't need any more parts laying around I think I'll look for the NAPA filter instead. I would like to get the ceramic element at some point though, even if I just install it for a show or something.

Sincere thanks,

Bryan

Mine has an AC Delco glass filter on it. Takes a Fram paper cartridge. Tractor Supply has the right ones for Delco and Carter filter bowls. I think the Delco element is $6, Carter about $10. My 1020 John Deere takes the Carter type.

If you don't have the filter at all, you can get one brand new at Tractor Supply, Chevs of the 40s, or Ford dealerships in farm areas (if they have a savvy parts guy). They all function the same.

• 5 months later...