Speedo's

thrashingcows

I have a 200 km/h speedo comming for my 68 T/C wagon. From a fellow in Holland who parted out a European export 68 chrysler 300.

Was just wondering if I could maybe find a kilo speedo for my 48 Desoto.

Don't they have ebay in Europe???

Australian and I'd think English cars would be mph, but European would have been in kilometres....andyd

I am going to remark my speedo..find the colors out of order..0-30 means you going to slow and lugging the car so should be yellow...30-75 should be green and a confort zone for the car to buzz along the highway..above 75 and up to 85 is red..indicating internal anger at the law for capping your speed also for the less aggressive driver..indicates possible ticket zone..above 85 is magenta..warning of possible fussion of internal motor parts..also the super speed ticket zone..

Didja know your speedo is supposed to change color at night?????

0 to 30 green

30 to 50 yellow

50 and above red

A feature of the MOPAR Safty Sentinal speedometer.

Seriously!!!...Did all mopar of this era have this? How friggin cool is that!!

I am going to remark my speedo..find the colors out of order..0-30 means you going to slow and lugging the car so should be yellow...30-75 should be green and a confort zone for the car to buzz along the highway..above 75 and up to 85 is red..indicating internal anger at the law for capping your speed also for the less aggressive driver..indicates possible ticket zone..above 85 is magenta..warning of possible fussion of internal motor parts..also the super speed ticket zone..

I like your changes....:D

Just had a thought and was wondering if European or Australian cars were built in the 40's and 50's did any of them get a Kilometer speedo?

I searched around in the archives and couldn't find an answer.

Yes some did, not sure if they were Canadian or American made cars/trucks I know of some Mopar 40s export cars that have KM speedos, infact the temp gauge is in celsius too.......