Holiday Music trivia Question for you to poder whilegathering around the tree

greg g

Merry christmas folks, here is a bit of a brain teaser for some of you, no googling till 11:30 Eastern. Give the Cali guys a chance to kick it around some.

Who was the singer on the first recorded version of Frosty the Snowman and

Rudolph the Rednosed Rheindeer???

Double hot chocolate for the winner.

And for the really historically musically adept, Who is credited for the first version of "Santa Baby"??

I dont know the answer, as i only know the latest hits.... but lately I have been stuck on this song! I have never heard it before til this year. . .I had to google more info about this one hit wonder. I think he had two seasonal hits!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsNo2hdxuYA

and this one aint to shabby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4yF1YWhWI

Augie Rios...do you know any of this songs before?????

I'm going to go with gene autry for the first two and possibly eartha kitt for santa baby? My mother met eartha kitt in the fifties and said she had the biggest hands she'd ever seen on a woman.Eartha kitt ,that is ,not my mother....

I'm going to go with gene autry for the first two and possibly eartha kitt for santa baby? My mother met eartha kitt in the fifties and said she had the biggest hands she'd ever seen on a woman.Eartha kitt ,that is ,not my mother....

That's wild. How did your mother meet Eartha Kitt? I had a crush on her when I was about eight or nine. I think it might have had something to do with catwoman. Did she ever play catwoman?

I also had a crush on Jane Jetson, so consider the source.

Last evening I watched "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" staring amongst others Burl Ives.
Burl Ives played a pretty good part in a western, THE BIG COUNTRY, with Gregory Peck and Chuck Conners. I remember he had to kill Chuck Conners, who was playing his son, after making some comment like..."I always knew I'd have to kill ya..." I always thought it would have been interesting if he had used that same character's demeanor in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Joel

Gene Autry....always a favorite. Took my son to see him when he Grand Marshalled the 89er's settlers parade in Guthrie, Ok. in 1989. Got to speak to him briefly, and shake his hand, and my son, who was a big fan of his via re-runs got a picture signed. He actually wrote the song "Here Comes Santa Claus" himself, after being at a Christmas parade and observing excited kids watching for the Santa float coming up the street, and saying...."here comes Santa Claus...here comes Santa Claus.... "

The Original Rudolph and Frosty were indeed done by Gene Autry "the Singing Cowboy" in 1950. Ertha Kitt who did indeed play Catwoman for a bit, had Santa Baby as part of her Las Vegas Lounge act. It was a sanitized version by her that made radio play alos in 1950.

You Guys are sharp, the Burl Ives conection is probably due to the animated version of the Frosty Tale that was narrated by Burl and featured him singing the song.

Lots of other certainly covered all three over the years. Hope everyone is enjoying thier double hot chocolates.

ow for the younger crowd, who did the first recording of All I want for Christmas is you, and for a bonus point who put together the "Do you think they know its Christmas"

song.

So tell me Joe, what did you think about Barney Rubble?

BARNEY??? Betty was cuter than Wilma but the Flintstones weren't great for cartoon babes. The old Archie show was much better. I liked Veronica.

Don't know if you've seen the documentary about one of my favorite cartoonists, R. Crumb. As a kid he had a crush on Bugs Bunny and used to keep a cut out of him in his pants pocket. His mother would wash the pants and he'd have to iron out the cut out cartoon to restore its condition.

At least I wasn't that bad.