Need Intake Manifold for a 230

sam knopik

What year?? The older ones have a higher casting under the carb. As hood lines went down so did the casting. It might make a difference in the way the linkage attaches to the carb, other than that any short block 218 or 230 intake wil fit.

Here is what looks like an early one on ebay still cheap with 1 day to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1949-1959-Plymouth-Dodge-Intake-Manifold-218-230_W0QQitemZ140356768706QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20adea53c2

BTW, do you know that there is at least 3 different outlet or "dump" exhaust manifolds.......there is a "front" dump with the outlet between cylinders 2 & 3, a "mid" dump with the outlet between cylinders 4 & 5 and a "rear" dump with the outlet past cylinder # 6.........I've attached a pic of my engine I'm building, I was able to get a front and mid dump exhaust manifold and cut the rear & front off both and had both welded up.....should work well......lol........btw the reason for the hard angle on the front header pipe is that I have that wonderful RHD option living underneath the front dump......a RHD steering box......lol........regards, andyd

post-1938-13585352282031_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585352282439_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585352282823_thumb.jpg