"Catch That Car"

grey beard

Don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've got the peddle to the meddle, but up hill or down, can't seem to catch up to that blasted coupe. It's about the same age as my Pilothouse, so we've both got flatheads, unless he's repowered his. Oughta' be able to catch him, since my enguine's brand new.

Looks like an out-of-state tag . . . . . . New York, from the looks of it - can't get close enough to see for sure. Prolly' one of them blasted tourists here in Amish country . . .

P.S. Greg, Please tell Cathy thanks for the neat picture.

post-63-13585351934741_thumb.jpg

I end up scraping bugs off my back window everytime I drive mine! I could probably catch the buggy if we were headed downhill. Life is great at 42 mph! I know how you feel-a guy I went to high school with has a 28 Model A he's had since we were in school. Its original, and I'll be damned if I can catch him from a standing start with my 36 Plymouth.

lol.....welcome to racing Grey Beard!

48D

"its our job to cheat...its thier job to catch us"

Old school Nascar about passing tech inspection

Edited by 48dodger

Yupp . . . the old stock 4:10 rear, but I have pretty tall tires - 225 x 85.16's. Sure wish i could find a 3:54 to put in there. That'd be sweet. She'll go 60, but she's pretty "busy." :D

Driving that coupe sure was a sweet experience - much smoother than the truck. Musta' been that second carbonater, what?