Got the 47 home...

48Dodger

Just wanted to share my new favorite picture. "The New Guy", is classified as "yard art" for now, but that doesn't seemed to bother my dog Red. He became fond of it as soon as my son and I got'im into place. Can't call him "Ol' Yeller" that's Reg's truck. Red is big, and so is the truck, so "Big Yeller" comes to mind. Red is a 200 pound Mastif/Rott (roman rott) he almost makes the truck look like a 1/2 ton.lol :D

48D

100_3252.jpg

Big Brother

l_e059818369004b9b99558dfe44ff70991.jpg

The three sisters are gone (in the shop being turned into 1 truck) but it was a good run. 1.5 years as yard art.

three_sisters.jpg

Hey Tim,

"BigOl Yeller" looks good. The grill and fenders don't seem to be beat in,then beat back out,then beat back in,and then beat back out which happened to most of these trucks.

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'll try and go pick up that drivers door this week and let you know the condition and price.

Reg

The picture doesn't lie. Bob Koch and I were checking this truck out before I bought it and the first thing we noticed was the incredible shape the stainless steel is in. Same goes for the grille and fenders....

Can't wait to get a door Reg. First thing I'll do is rattle can it yellow. lol.:D

~48D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tim,

It's here ! The weather finally sweetened up enough for me to go get the door and other parts. See anything you like ? Delivery this weekend is possible.

Note: No rust out and the glass is in tact.

MVC-009F-2.jpg

YES! You Rock Reg!

Of course "Bullitt" won't be to happy. He figured the missing door was part of his new dog house. lol

3-3-20098.jpg

48D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I've been on the phone with Lavonne helping her figure out how to use Photobucket and the fourm. She's a very cheerful person who wants to share pictures of thier 48 panel truck. She's been using this thread to practice. We should have this figured out shortly.:D

48D

Welcome to the forum Lavonne. We look forward to seeing your 48 panel There's one for sale on Dallas' Craigslist if your interested. It may make a good parts truck if not a project. You'll find the forum members both warm and helpful as we share the same generic truck components except for rear body.

Jim in Dallas