Town & Country - ran when parked

Robin (UK)

On ebay, of course. Located in Texas.

Doesn't need quite as much as the T & C.....but needs a lot.

b7ea_12.JPG

Looks as if it has the "rear floor air" system.

be5e_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth_W0QQitemZ350168004475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item350168004475

That Plymouth 'vert is a pretty tough looking car. Restorable but looks like some previous owner did not have a clue what they were doing. A lot of great parts if someone is doing a 'vert and needs parts. As I said earlier, any car can be restored but this would be a tough project but not hopeless.

On ebay, of course. Located in Texas.

Doesn't need quite as much as the T & C.....but needs a lot.

b7ea_12.JPG

Looks as if it has the "rear floor air" system.

be5e_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth_W0QQitemZ350168004475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item350168004475

This car is doable, this body can be cut away from the cowl and floor and remounted onto a another floor/frame, whether it's a seedan or not.

If the floors are mostly solid, and the lowewr A pillar, and the body mounts on the cowl are okay, then it could be good to go.

A friend of mine here has the mechanics and parts from a 1948 Chrysler rag top, could have made mine into a rag top,. The ragtop frame, has extra X frame support, but this could be reinforced with square tube steel welded in under there.

I would tackle a project like this, especially if I could get a parts car or 2...Fred

Fred there are differences in the floor too. For sure though the one Bob posted could be saved. The guy that restored Dads convert did a P15 vert that was WAY worse then the one pictured.

i am sure you're right, but i would try getting a car with less mods on it,

looks like this one has gotten a front clip at some part (front axle, break, steering column) and you can't say how good this was done.

it's no problem dealing with rust and age, but it's always a real pain to clean up after other people before you get to the real restoring (if that is what you want to do with this one).

might be easier to set the body on a modern frame and hop it up.

i don't know just how rare they really are, that might be important i admit...

(just the "next fred's" 2 cents)

Capt Fred......they produced between 15 and 16,000 P15 converts

during 46, 47, 48 and the first three or four months of 49.

Don't know how many survive today......there are more than you

think out there (as I always watch for them), but still may not

be all so many. I know of two right around here that were total

junk in salvage yards back in the 1970s. My car came from a

salvage dealer in 1973, but was actually in pretty good shape

by comparison to this one advertised. No modifications had been

made. Had been wrecked and repaired on the passenger side.

(please excuse the old picture....only one I can now find)

BobToftPic_edited.jpg

...cause I was thinking more like 18.50 and that would be for local pickup only where the seller pays me 18.50 to remove the scrap metal from his property.:D

Ha Ha Ha, David.:P I think you are right. A removal fee might make it worthwhile. Even then it may be too much. I just can't understand how anyone can have the nerve to ask $18,500.00 for that. I guess he is looking for the sucker that was born in a specific minute.:eek: