What year....

Guest Dave Claussen

Looks like a '52. Is this your truck or one you saw? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not. The reason I ask though, if it was you could check the door tag and tell right away what year it was. If you check out the Pilothouse web site and look at the gallery there are pictures of all the years of pilothouse trucks you could compare it too.

Try this link for a '52 and see whether you think it looks the same.

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/dodge/1952_pickup_green/imgcol/index.htm

Nice truck by the way. Looks like a good restoration job. Is this in the UK? Just wondered because of the license plate on it and the cars in the background

A friend spotted it Hoghton, near Blackburn here in Lancashire, UK & wasn't sure what year it was. I thought it looked a lot like mine. It was just parked on the side of the road, so he took a few pics but was unable to check the door tag. That red is the same colour I found on mine when rubbing it down.

Judging from that metal on the back, it's definitely not a 'trailer queen' & seems to be in daily use.

Yes, 51 or 52 for sure. Would be nice to know if it was an import or they bought it in the US? Bumpers are interesting, looks like they used the same one on the front and back. It would also be great to find out what they used for parking/turn signal lenses, or could these have been stock on exports? I have gotten so much crap here in NY that they can not be clear now that I have converted mine to parking/turn signal lights. Could this truck and it's owner be members? Dutch

We do have some truck "friends" in Europe and we have two members in France. I have conversed with Gary Watkins, who lives near London. He was looking for doors for his restoration a year ago. I have also heard from a gentlemen in Romania. A few others from Europe have contacted us over the years. They are all welcome to become members, just like Tony, who lives down under. We're always glad to help them out, regardless of which side they put the steering wheel.

It looks to me to be a true B3B, 108" wheel base, high bed, floor shift with Fluid Drive transmission. Or at least the missing emblem on the hood sides are similar to my B3B Fluid Drive. Bumpers, wheels, tires, antennae, seat covers are not original.

Guest Dave Claussen

I'd really like to know what vehicle those bumpers are from. They seem to fit the width of the truck well and they look good. They don't seem to have been altered from what you can see in the pictures. Any one recognize them?

I'd really like to know what vehicle those bumpers are from. They seem to fit the width of the truck well and they look good. They don't seem to have been altered from what you can see in the pictures. Any one recognize them?

Looks like the bumpers from the 86 or so Ford Ranger. Both of them are fronts.

Guest Dave Claussen

Dennis, I checked out an '86 Ranger on Ebay and seems you are absolutely correct. It's an exact match. Good eye! Next time I'm at my local salvage yard, I'm going to take my tape measure with me and see if I can find one that I can measure. I need to come up with something as my truck has no bumpers at all. Thanks, Dave

Dennis, I checked out an '86 Ranger on Ebay and seems you are absolutely correct. It's an exact match. Good eye! Next time I'm at my local salvage yard, I'm going to take my tape measure with me and see if I can find one that I can measure. I need to come up with something as my truck has no bumpers at all. Thanks, Dave

The reason that I was pretty sure was that bumper was on the front of my 49 when I got it. I didn't like the look of all of that shiny stuff so thanks to Ed, I found an original bumper. I left the Ranger rear bumper because it was pretty functional and looked good.

front.jpg

DSCN6754.jpg

And the Rear Bumper from the first series Ranger

DSCN6772.jpg

Guest El Rust box

Im Gonna go ahead and say it's a 51. The dash is the same as my 51. Ive noticed that seems to be the only year with a dash like that. Please correct me if im wrong.

If you decide on that bumper, get the ends of the Ranger frame to weld on the the ends of the Dodge frame.

That's the way the previous owner of mine did it and it worked good except that when I had to replace it with the original, I had to cut off 12" of the Dodge frame to restore it.

Dennis

Im Gonna go ahead and say it's a 51. The dash is the same as my 51. Ive noticed that seems to be the only year with a dash like that. Please correct me if im wrong.

My dash is identical from what I can see - the only difference I've noticed so far is the ashtray design - some are flush & some are hemispherical - mine is the latter & my log book says the truck is a 1952, but the steering wheel in the above pic is obscurring it.

However, reading the next quote, I'm not so sure now...

Job~Rated,

Best way to tell a 51 from a 52- "Job Rated" center piece on 51 is cast, 52 is stamped steel.

The 'Job~Rated' center piece which was on mine is definitely cast, which means my truck may be a '51, not a '52...

Help!

Merle,

Thanks for the link. I ran my number and to my surprise I have a 3/4 ton. I thought my truck was a B-3-B. Turns out to be a B-3-C. Here is what I found:

Year:1952

Model:B-3-C

Engine:217.76

Wheel Base:116

Rating:3/4 Ton

Engineering Code:T308

Plant:Detroit, MI

Build Number:7199