Bknuckles chop pic

greg g

Thanks Greg and Don.

I wish I could take all the credit but I owe alot to Brent (Fatman Fabrications Owner) for taking his time and being patient with me to turn out such a nice product. He really went out of his way to please me.

BloodyKnuckles

Thanks Greg and Don.

I wish I could take all the credit but I owe alot to Brent (Fatman Fabrications Owner) for taking his time and being patient with me to turn out such a nice product. He really went out of his way to please me.

BloodyKnuckles

Hey knuckles I heard you might be getting rid of your lake pipes....are you? I kinda like 'em:D

Man that car looks good. Makes me wish mine was a two door to chop.

You can chop a four door. I will look great too. Just get a pair of doors from a two door. and chop the hell out of it! in the hamb I have seen several four door conversions to two doors and they are great! lately I 've been following the pontiac build....I will check if I can find it. FOUND IT!:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231421&highlight=pontiac+chop

Mack G.:cool:

Thanks alot guys.

Here are 2 more for you;

0216081754_01.jpg

0216081540a_01.jpg

I'm working with a good friend of mine who's doing the paint and some touch-up on the body. He's also the one who is doing the stainless trim for the sides.

BloodyKnuckles

Looks good. I presume those chrome items above the bumper will be the new tail llights. Are they grille pieces from some other brand of car?

Yes, they are from a '56 DeSoto front grill. They are the turn signal pods.

BloodyKnuckles

• 1 month later...

Just an update.

We ran into an alignment problem on the rear window that Brent squared away in 15 minutes, it's amazing what talent can accomplish.

My buddy Mike at Early Rods & Customs is doing all the metal finishing. He wants a very thin skim coat of body filler therefor he's taking his time banging, stretching, shrinking, heating and banging again. He is doing a fantastic job. He plans on having it primer next weekend. Now I need to focus on getting my glass cut.

Very excited.

bigo6.jpg

bigo5.jpg

bigo4.jpg

bigo3.jpg

bigo2.jpg

bigo1.jpg

BloodyKnuckles

Hey knuckles I heard you might be getting rid of your lake pipes....are you? I kinda like 'em:D

Yeah, I'm actually cutting them off in front where they start to make the bend to head toward the rear and adding removable caps. I do like them but I'm looking to "hot rod it down". I want it to be a classy custom in every sense of the word. I am planning on '51 Buick trim on the sides that will tie-in to the original rocker stainless. With that additional trim the lake pipes look like too much.

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your question earlier but I just now realized you were asking a question, duh!

BloodyKnuckles

Do you still have the pick with the Buick trim taped on? I wanted to show a bud.I thought I saw it here but it must have been on The HAMB.

Here you go;

misc015.jpg

misc014.jpg

BloodyKnuckles