newbie checkin in

silverback

first off let me say i am glad i found this site and pilot-house they have helped alot. i just picked up a 51' b-3-b-108 very solid has been in my wifes family for a long time was parked in a old feed shed in 81' i just got it out in november last year. here are some pics.

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

many more questions to come.

thanks, matt

Guest Dave Claussen

Man, you really got lucky!! That's a great starter truck. Good solid body and that bumper is to a real find! Have you tried to start it yet? Are you planning on a restoration or something else? Good luck with it, whatever you decide. Keep us all posted on your progress. We like in-process pictures. They keep the rest of us inspired.

haven't started it yet needs plug wires but i can't fin any with the tips that fit in the cap. maybe use new wires and the old brass fittings from the old wires? was running when parked and it does turn over so some new wires and some new fuel lines = vroom hopefully. some more pics for ya.

IMGP0687.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

haven't started it yet needs plug wires but i can't fin any with the tips that fit in the cap. maybe use new wires and the old brass fittings from the old wires? was running when parked and it does turn over so some new wires and some new fuel lines = vroom hopefully. some more pics for ya.

[/img]

There are different vendors that have parts but roberts should have most of what you need

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/index.html

I got my plug wires from Farm & Fleet. It's a local farm supply store chain, sorta like Tractor Supply. If you have stores like that in your area, go look for generac cut to fit wires for a 6 cylinder tractor. I think mine were around $15. One end had the 90 degree booted spark plug end. The other end you cut to length and crimp on the distributor cap ends. They worked perfectly.

Good luck. It looks like you're really getting into it already.

Merle

What a great piece to start out with! Good luck and please keep us in pictures as you progress through the restoration. Mike