Was 55 deg in the garage today

Rodney_Hamon
Go to solution Solved by Rodney_Hamon,

It warmed up a bit but the wind was there also.  After tasks around the place I discovered the decent temp in the garage and said to myself I need to start up engines. So... I started the bobcat, the mustang, the bmw, and then finally the dodge truck. Poor lonely P-23 outside by the bobcat has to wait. If it’s windy I won’t lift the hood. Don’t trust it.  So I was rewarded with everything starting. I can tell everything needs driving.  The daily drivers didn’t need starting. They get driven.  The truck was talking to me.  Gas pedal linkage rod binds up in the newly installed floor grommet. The  choke and throttle cables are sticky.  The carb just needed extra choke to run smoother in the beginning and I knew that wasn’t right. I know that truck when it’s gummy or dirty or not adjusted right or it’s yelling at me it needs to finally be driven.  So many little things still need to be done to the truck. When everything was shut down and I walked past the plymie I opened the back door just to give it attention. I realized I am spread out too thin or maybe this is just mid-winter syndrome. I don’t get depressed in winter..rather I like it. I just have a lot on my plate.  I just finished going through phase 1 of a house remodel with having a new floor installed and this started before thanksgiving. That opened the can of worms when you empty the house out of its furniture. You see walls that need repair and paint. You see wood finish on the furniture that needs restoration and/or you see when the furniture is worn out. Phase 2 starts in February.  Bathroom remodel. Both of them because the plumbing has worn out. This house is well over 100 years old and was a dump when we bought it 33 years ago. Then in May or June I head back to the Milwaukee area to work/repair the in-laws place.  So...where do I find the time for auto fun. I wonder. Maybe when football is over. Maybe after the remodel stuff is done.  I turn 69 in June. A beer sounds good right now as I watch the sunset and eat pretzels. Life is good as everything started today and I made the dump run yesterday and the snow is melting and all the cans are empty and beer is in the fridge and coffee is in the kitchen.  Oh, and the dog got exercise.  

14AE2C26-663D-47E7-8D98-CC441E721B6C.jpeg

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a great day ..... It warmed up here also today. Was suppose to be 73 ... I dunno though I stayed in my office watching movies and took a nap.

Then tomorrow is suppose to be a high of 34 .... until next week. Then back up to mid 50's and can get some more work done.

I feel ya on the remodel work, it sucks to do both bathrooms at the same time .... I suppose if replacing the plumbing it only makes sense though.

I need to replace all my water lines also and gas. I replaced the drain lines all ready, new sewer line all the way to the street.

My water lines were crapily replaced with pvc years ago and it works, I want to run all new pex though and be done with it.

What I'm saying is, My bathroom floor has a large access door cut in it, and the wet wall has some drywall removed for access to the water lines.

My kitchen faucet is a couple of gate valves and pvc pipe. ..... As a old retired remodel carpenter, my wife is used to living in houses under construction   :D

everything works and it is comfortable .... I just stopped working on the house to work on the truck. For whatever reason, I want to remodel my house built in 1948 using my 1949 truck to haul the materials with..

I enjoy laying tile floors, custom showers .... I really enjoy all phases of it .... I just think it will be even more fun using the truck to get the job done.

I just hope I can get the truck on the road driving by early spring time. My wife is getting noticeably frustrated with me working on the truck all the time  ?

I know what you mean about everything starting up when there is a slight warm-up and you get out into the garage and it's a joy to have them all running smoothly. When I lived in Western Pa, the month of January was typically brutal winter weather with temperatures well below freezing and snow on the ground. No taking out the old vehicles for several weeks, if for no other reason, to avoid leftover salt on the roads. Next week there is supposed to be a warm up above normal temperatures; I suspect there will be lots of old vehicles out running around. Enjoy your day! 

• Solution

70’s in Texas already?  Great goal to finish the truck and go to the lumber yard Los. I wanted to finish my truck enough to haul trash to the transfer station. Upper 40’s in the garage today so I put the battery tender back on the truck. No wind finally so that allowed me to do roof repair on the mother-in-law cottage and clean the barbecue grill.  Cleaning a grill in January seems odd but it was a decent day.  My daughter just graduated from college and her buddies are flying in to spend a week with her and stay at the cottage and discover New Mexico. They all fly back east to home a week later. I might find time to mopar

-tinker then. 

2 hours ago, Rodney_Hamon said:

70’s in Texas already?

Los just jinxed us.  Lol.  I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning, so I'll fire up the Cambridge and go.  Been two weeks since I last drove her, too much seat time in the company truck, 1600 miles this week, 26 hours of driving and no my job isn't being a driver.. 

28 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Los just jinxed us

Oooops, did I do that? .... Seriously it was only for 1 afternoon and the wind was really blowing up a dust storm in the afternoon ..... Then cold again  :(

Pretty similar to a Albuquerque winter though .... 

Sad part is I could not take advantage of the day, I was just wore out from the trip to San Angelo the day before.

Bad part about my garage is it is always at least 10 - 15 degrees cooler inside it then outside. ..... Nice in the summer but cool in the winter.

I do have a propane heater, but all my work is outside under the carport .... I'm thinking tomorrow can heat up the garage and give it a good cleaning.

Then I still have the 2 rear fenders that need welding and patches, I can do those in the heated garage. I've had 2 days to rest up, I'm going to do something.

• Like 2