Emergency brake set up

Dimmer

I have a 1951 B3B truck with 3speed and fluid drive. I recently had some work done on the tranny. When I got the truck back my emergency brake didn’t seem to be set up correctly. 

The pictures in my shop manual are not good. I’m concerned I may be missing a part that allows to me adjust the top band. Does anyone have a clear picture of the band set up with springs and adjustment locations IMG_5825.jpeg.fb7bfed647f8c4f08b0b70b49261ca6f.jpeg

There should be 3 adjustments altogether: side, top, bottom. The top and bottom screws are sitting parallel to one-another, one of them is large with springs, the other one is tiny with no springs.

https://p15-d24.com/topic/56670-hand-brake-adjustment-41-wc-pickup/

Edited by Ivan_B

The message you sent was great. It looks like I’m missing that smaller adjuster. The video was really helpful at the 29th minute. I’m kinda surprised the use the same set up on a 1951 as the 37 Plymouth. Thanks for the info 

Yes, the use of standardized parts is great, especially among different manufacturers through the decades. This way you can easily find part you need quickly, at any local store, and still find things for way older vehicles, which is especially useful for us. The only two unique things useful for a perfectly utilitarian vehicle are probably just the body and the interior :)

One more question. 
It looks to me that maybe they have the actual linkage in wrong. When the ebrake is applied the lower part of the linkage bumps up against (I think it’s the bell housing on the drivers side just ahead of the tranny) I think they may have the linkage in wrong. They have the cable running along the drivers side of the (bell housing). I seem to remember the cable came out of the handle and ran down the passenger side. Anything to show me proper ebrake cable set up and linkage set up. 
thanks 

Okay, this is way different from what I have in my sedan, sorry. But, according to this diagram:

it actually looks about right... Except that are these original parts? Is there a lever that is pushing back toward the brake drum-shoe mechanism, when you pull the cable, somewhere above? If these parts are original, how much movement does this black bracket/lever has? Would it still bump the housing if you tighten the shoe a bit, to reduce the lever travel necessary to engage the brake?

I think it’s all original parts. The mechanism looks all good above the and pushes down properly. I’ve adjusted the ebrake band around the drum and it seems to be working properly. I just don’t like the way that 1st part of the linkage is working. I’ll fiddle with it and see if I can make it move better. 
thanks for all your help 

8 hours ago, Ivan_B said:

This setup is congruent with the previously shared diagram. But, the TS's mechanism is different. So either the 53 used different levers, or there was some "customizing" involved. ?

My vote: "customized".  No reason a 53 would be different than a 52

• Like 1

Thank you 

I wish I knew what it looked like before it went into the shop. I have that diagram from my parts book 
I don’t have that 3rd spring 407.5 and it doesn’t seem like the bolt would be long enough to accept it. 
I don’t have the spring extension 

I don’t have the guide for the top shoe adjustment. 

I don’t have the 1st  bracket that holds the emergency brake cable after it comes from the handle. 
but the weird part is the 10.250 inch piece of linkage as in the diagram. I have a linkage that seams to be bolted  together. 

Something went wrong years ago or the shop has a bunch of extra parts. 
thank you for your information.