2:76 poly V8

pflaming

I am considering installing a V8 in my truck and just bought this engine. It is a complete engine. What am I in for?   I’m starting the process to get a cochlear implant. I still have not recovered from the lyme infection.  I still have lots of fatigue, very week legs, brain fog, which is poor recall and poor concentration. Yet I’m in my shop about three hours a day. 

Let's first clarify which engine you have.   Is it a 277CI poly or some other variant?   Also what vehicle was it's original home?  Standard shift with flywheel or?

In any case, engine mounts and clutch housing are the key elements of the swap

Engine and trans mounts. clutch and trans linkage, steering column/box, exhaust, driveshaft, parking brake, cooling system, possible firewall clearance, throttle linkage. Everything gets affected when changing to something never intended to fit. Can be done of coarse but it's a big project.  It would be easier if it was a later model truck that may originally have had a poly as an option.

Too bad you're so far from me and not going to use it.  That would be a perfect fit for my 56PU project.   I have the correct clutch housing already for an early hemi or poly.  Actually, I have a 230 ready to go in, but set the chassis up to accept a V8 should I not be happy with the power when done.   

That 277 is the first of the A engine family that became the 318 poly.  And the lower end of the later LA series.  Differs from earlier polys in that the intake is also the valley cover.