OT Whatzit? OT

PatS....

I agree. Sometimes I go to the Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach and there are anywhere from one to five of these type vehicles there. Each one different but they all have one thing in common, excess. No explaining taste. There is probably a fancy medical term for this particular affliction.

come on guy...Johnny is deceased..show a bit of respect...even he would not lay claim to that car..either of the,,,Johnny once aid that a 54 Plymouth was the best car he ever owned..big contest and article held in 71/72 with an authentic low mileage orginal car be given to Johnny as a prize..the owner of the car was given a new 72 Plymouth in trade..

I went to many shows in the early 70's..I got to see Johnny in person..and I tell you, no way anyone can say they left his show without being entertained..he truly knew where his money was coming from..the audience..

I agree....Johnny would never had laid claim to one of these piles.

I'd also like to share a little Johnny info. Now, I was never a big fan of his music, although as I kid I did get a kick out of " A boy named Sue"....but anyway, my wife's best friend....well, was the accountant and personal friend of Johnnys for a number of years in the '60's...not exactly sure of the actual years...so it may have also been into the early '70s. Anyway, she has probably the most extensive JC collection.. It's all just stuff she collected along the way while working for/with him. She had many many dinners with Johnny and June over the years in their home. Anyway, a year or 2 ago, she gave me just a bit of her collection to sell for her.....I held on to it for a while...since she lives about 400 miles away from us and only visits us a couple of times a year now. We only lived about an hour away for many years. Anyway, when I had the stuff she wanted to sell, I was just browsing through it...and found a little wooden box. Inside was a religious medal and a picture of a young man, almost identifiable....except for that sheepish grin, you'd almost not be able to tell it was Johnny....probably about 20 years old. Anyway, I told our friend that I wasn't really knowledgeable enough at the moment to sell the collection....but to hold on to it and in a year I would give it a go....Plus she may be moving up here and it will be easier. But I've got to tell you, of all the cool posters, tickets, Concert stuff, nothing was cooler than that picture I'd found. I handed it back to her personally...and she'd forgotten about the picture for over 30 years...guess she thought she's lost it some time ago. She was sooooo happy. Man, that made my day.