Simple coil question - nuts

DonaldSmith
Go to solution Solved by moparfun,

The new coil came with a lock washer and nut on each post, and a small bag with an extra set of lock washers and nuts. 

Should I leave the nuts in place, add the wires and add the new washers and nuts?  Or is it OK to use just one sets of nuts? 

The studs look a bit short for an extra set, so I'll do what I have, lo these many years, take off the nuts and washers and use a single set. 

If the Wisdom of the Forum is different, I can always redo the connections.   Or maybe I'm starting another unresolvable debate. 

33 minutes ago, DonaldSmith said:

The extra nuts and washers are probably sent as a courtesy for the fumble-fingered such as I, who drop one or more into the irretrievable chasm below the engine. 

Or, just because 2 nuts are standard equipment for the majority  of old car owners

• Haha 1