PTO info?

Go to solution Solved by billrigsby,

Anyone have any info on the pros that were mated to the mid-1940s dodge 4 speed transmissions? Have a 42 WC chassis and driveline with a 46 cab and custom bed. Need some info for the PTO bc the tag is worn. Will include pic. Maybe someone can translate what’s missing? Would like all info anyone can give. Thanks.

11E11E9F-844C-4CA7-BB06-333E34072B9E.jpeg

Arrow Gear Company,  Broken Arrow, OK

Bought out by Sacks and production shut down, used in the 40 and 50's from what I could find.

• Thanks 1

Awesome Dave72dt. Does anyone have a tag similar to it that is more complete so I could have a new more readable one made?

Jim Roach it’s cool in a way. As a truck driver I’ve been through there a few times. Never had time to stop unfortunately.

There were a lot of pto manufacturers through the years.

I have three or four in my trucks.

Even have a nos Chelsea one.

It's really tough to know much about them unless you have the old manufacturers books and catalogs.

You can get forward/ reverse...

Hi/low speed

Single speed....on and on.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
On 3/4/2023 at 10:03 PM, Warchild16 said:

Does anyone have a tag similar to it that is more complete so I could have a new more readable one made?

BEST I could find.......

arrow.jpg.8912658c9f7ec9cbdcbd4d2c0829c278.jpg

230983277_arrow(1).JPG.639d54f90970f3ec3933e56fe706d830.JPG  1095421821_arrow(2).JPG.c3ec25c28a843c7a360c4659327be292.JPG

.....with help

I have friends in low places - Chevy Owners!

Edited by billrigsby
  • Thanks 1

Dodgeb4ya thanks for the info. Mine looks like the AA or AAN, but made by Arrow Gear Company if Dave72dt recognized it correctly as I think he did. Any idea where to start looking for info on them?

Amazing the help here!

12 hours ago, Warchild16 said:

Mine looks like the AA or AAN, but made by Arrow Gear Company if Dave72dt recognized it correctly as I think he did. Any idea where to start looking for info on them?

Finding little to no information out there.........

Arrow Gear Company or Arrow PTO were once making PTO's in Broken Arrow, OK around 1945 through the late 50 or 60's.
Arrow Gear Co was then sold to the Sacks Co, around 1960 (plus or minus) and is now known as Arrow Gear for the aerospace industry. Once sold Sacks and then Arrow Gear quit making PTO's and tossed information and parts...so information and parts are limited.