Please Read The Update Announcement... ×

Lost a hub cap...

OUTFXD

So,  Drove to the next town over and got Jacquiluine aligned. Guy said the front end was in good order with only slight movement in the Pilot side Kingpin and one Tie rod end.

The next day I walked outside and noticed one of the hubcaps was missing.   I can only assume that it came off when I "Hiway tested" Jacky and who knows where the hubcap ended up.  Anyone have a good source for Old poverty caps?

Whitewalls.jpg

I lost one of mine almost 2 months ago.  I was on a one hour cruise.  I noticed it as soon as I got back to my shop.  So I know the route that it has to be on.  I've walked about 80% of it on foot so far, but nothing yet.

I had my name and phone number painted on the inside and no phone call yet either.  

• Like 1

2003, on the way to a National DeSoto Club convention, a hubcap went sailing off.  Several times later, I scoured the roadside, to no avail.  Then three months after the convention, I saw an ad in the club magazine - hubcap found!    A GM employee had found it, and told his friend who was a DeSoto aficionado.  Reunited with the hubcap, I gave the clubbie two DeSoto coffee mugs,  one for hi and the other for his friend, 

After that incident, I permanently marked the inner face of each hubcap with my name and phone number.