Need parts ID

packratc

New guy here. My 50 Business Coupe was partially apart when I bought it. Now at a friends for a build. Friend moved the car twice. Parts are "everywhere." Most everything was sandblasted & primed. I can't identify all the sheet metal from the firewall forward. Looks like I'm missing some. Does anyone have a "blow up" of these parts, or a photo out of a book that might show all the individual parts? I know it sounds silly but my other cars are a 49 Ply & a 49 Wayfarer. Don't know if they are the same or even if they are complete. Thanks in advance. Feel dumb for getting in such a mess. packratc.

The 49 plymouth should give you a good sample of where all the sheet metal goes. Assuming its complete. Otherwise you need a parts book to show everything

Don't feel lonesome. I suspect all of us have gone through the "store it and work on it in a friends shop" phrase and ended up missing a bunch of parts and sometimes tools. Just a couple of years ago I asked a friend to let me store a big buck hi-po V-8 that was balanced and blueprinted by a Nascar engine shop. I even provided the engine stand so he could roll it around,and a cover over the engine to keep dust away.

God the cement poured in my shop floor and went to bring the engine home a couple of months later,and damned if he hadn't robbed the spark plugs out of both heads to tune up his pu with. Which wouldn't have bothered me that much if you had put his old plugs in there to protect the bore,but he didn't. He didn't even put the cover back over the engine,and acted like he had done nothing wrong.

And this was a guy I have been friends with since the early 60's.

I would suggest that you purchase your own parts book.  This way you will always have the information on the parts and the pictures of the parts.  To rely on all of the other members to copy and paste the data and pictures is time consuming.  Owning an antique car or truck or motocycle you shouls always get the necessary parts and sevice manual for your car. you do not need the MoPar orginals, you can get reprints because they are just reference material and when being judges the parts and service manuals do not count for judging.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Rich. I have factory manuals, a crash book that only sites exterior parts, & other references. I'll purchase a re-print of a parts book when I find one. I'll look on Ebay right now. Thanks again, packratc