My '37

LAKOTA169

Your car is looking even more snazzy than the last time I saw it.  Must be the accessories.  Although the purist in me says, have the people stand behind the car, so we can see the car. 

You doing the DreamCruise?  I'll probably tool my DeSoto out of the neighborhood, go down Woodward for a mile or so, and return home by the back streets.

Tonight Berkley is having its car parade, and Shrine Church is having a chicken dinner in a large tent along Woodward.  We'll probably watch the parade for a while, then attempt to walk cross Woodward for the dinner.  And maybe walk along and see the cruisers.

Tomorrow is the DreamCruise itself, a complete zoo. We'll walk out  to Woodward from time to time, to see the cars.  Last year I walked down to the O'Reilly's parking lot tent and got a free Penzoil cap, wall clock, pencils, etc.  And saw some cool cars.

• Like 1

Your car is looking even more snazzy than the last time I saw it.  Must be the accessories.  Although the purist in me says, have the people stand behind the car, so we can see the car. 

You doing the DreamCruise?  I'll probably tool my DeSoto out of the neighborhood, go down Woodward for a mile or so, and return home by the back streets.

Tonight Berkley is having its car parade, and Shrine Church is having a chicken dinner in a large tent along Woodward.  We'll probably watch the parade for a while, then attempt to walk cross Woodward for the dinner.  And maybe walk along and see the cruisers.

Tomorrow is the DreamCruise itself, a complete zoo. We'll walk out  to Woodward from time to time, to see the cars.  Last year I walked down to the O'Reilly's parking lot tent and got a free Penzoil cap, wall clock, pencils, etc.  And saw some cool cars.

Donald, the picture was taken not far from you - Berkley High School. My FOP Lodge had an Oldies show there Thursday night. The stars were The Motown Experience. Four former members of The Miracles, The Temptations, and The Originals. The girls were the opening act - The Whatabouts. I didn't get the car out at all on Woodward. Still having charging problems. Going home from the show, the amp gauge was pinned on +20.

Yesterday morning I did a little Woodward on the way to the hardware store.  Already there were people along the way with their chairs and canopies, watching the cruisers, which built up to a crescendo that evening.  

My DeSoto is relying solely on the pusher fan now, and it doesn't seem to be enough.  The gauge pegs at 212 before the fan brings it down.  Maybe I have to reinstall the 4-blade.

In the early evening my wife dropped me off behind the lines, and I checked out O'Reilly's for freebies,  Nothing this year.  Bummer.   I saw a few cars on the way home, but the thrill isn't there anymore,  I did take photos of a strange truck-size creation. 

post-126-0-31407600-1408280496_thumb.jpgpost-126-0-08955400-1408280518_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF4347.JPGattachicon.gif

That is one ugly vehicle!

However, the highlight for me is the image of Shrine of the Little Flower.  I passed it about 1000 times in the late 50's.  Had a very close call at that corner that still gives me chills.  Dosed off when returning late from a date and nearly took out a cop who was standing in that intersection.  He saved his own life by jumping outta the way.  Tragedy averted.  It was winter.  He'd been outta his car for awhile and was freezing.  He was shivering violently and so angry he just yelled at me and told me to get some coffee before I killed someone.  I'll never forget how close I came to a life altering mistake.