Air cleaner revised

Arthur1947

DSC01325.jpg

Took everyone's suggestions into consderation. I found a top piece for the air cleaner at Lowes. It took me about a half hour but it fits perfect and its chromed. No drilling required. I think this works much better than my last attempt. Just have to make another one and polish the bottom portion.

Best.

ARTHUR

I agree-much improved over the last version. My only thought if it were mine would be to try and hide the orange part of the filter. The little one in your picture has a lip so all you see is the white filter element. That's just me though....

Arthur......its your car, your show.....do it how you want. At least you've used imagination and a little craftsmanship to invent these things. You're probably right, with fenders, hood, etc in place they won't seem as large. And nobody else will have the same thing as you. :);):D

Arthur......its your car, your show.....do it how you want. At least you've used imagination and a little craftsmanship to invent these things. You're probably right, with fenders, hood, etc in place they won't seem as large. And nobody else will have the same thing as you. :);):D

Thanks Bob.

Best.

ARTHUR

Glad to hear that you would consider making another set. Maybe the second set will go a little quicker than the first. Just let me know what you think they would cost. You can PM me if ya want.

Thanks,

Reg

• 3 months later...
Reg,

Let me figure out how much it cost for parts. It took me about five hours to make and polish them. What would be a reasonable price? Anyone?

Best.

ARTHUR

Hey Thanks Arthur!!! I got the set of air cleaners and they look really cool. NICE WORK !

No problem Reg. Thank you and have fun.

Best.

ARTHUR

Arthur, I found some shorter filter elements at NAPA. 3" tall instead of the 5"ers. I think the proportion will be better. As soon as they come in I'll give you the part number.

Reg Havin Fun:D

• 4 months later...