Anyone ever see a D14 or D17 painted like this?....PICS.....

frankieflathead

Well, the advertisement hit the mark..."Different"....and certainly an "Air of Distinction".  Sure did generate a lot of discussion.  Looks like an early example of non-automotive designer influence to see where it goes, this one with bare minimum affect on production if it didn't sell - just what parts are painted, rather than extra trim, different body panels, etc.  Some work, some don't.  This one doesn't blow my skirt up.  Colors are too fruity and it looks like an afterthought. 

(hendo0601 - I know you aint talking about the hockey team - Hooah!)

I love the colors its the layout that ain't working. As someone else said it reminds me way too much of a car someone crashed and swapped front clips from another wrecked car.

• Like 1

If I had some spare money and space I'd be looking at this gem.....

I've been lusting after a 55 or 56 Chrysler or DeSoto 2dr  ht ever since I was a teen.  Beautiful cars.

I'm still kinda kicking myself over the '55 Fireflite with no engine/trans, though if it weren't for my frame problems I wouldn't feel so bad.

If you can still find it,I have a complete 55 291. The special order engine with the factory 4brl. I just gave the transmission away last week,but will sell the engine.

I also have a NOS power brake booster and mastercylinder that was a 55-only option on DeSoto and Chrysler cars if any of you restoring a 55 want to put power brakes on it.