What Have You Done With Your Car That Gives You Bragging Rights

larryconnors

My old car I can follow the family history back to 1948 and then to the owner who bought it brand new!  I have been to a family reunion of the folks who owned the car a few years ago and they told me all kind of story's about going on vacations in my old blackout! I guess that would be alot of bragging rights!  Also my 98 year old neighbor who lives by herself road around in my old car back in 50's.  Kind of neat to have this attachment to a car that is more than 70 years old.  My old car is far from being cherry but it does have alot of charater being it was owned by a farmer and he used it for everything under the sun.  It even has a device on the manifold to hoke up a milking machine and that in itself is about as big of a bragging statement that one could have.  How many cars do you know of that can milk a cow??? I could go on and on but my old blackout is just a neat old car and lately its been giving fits with the brakes but its part of me and I truly love my old car.  One is enough for now and this is the one!!!!!Beautifulday.jpg

I guess I can claim bragging rights for having rescued my '39 P8 convertible cpe from a junk pile in Montana, where it had sat for over thirty-eight years.. Working on it and gathering parts for over fourteen years, to create which is probably one of the finest P8 convertibles in the country.. It has won top awards in every show I have entered it in..

An added benifit has been that the car is a pleasure to drive, top down or soon to be top up.. My only regrete is that it will not make it back to Montana next week for a cenntenial celebration in the town I found it near , as planned, because of family health problems.... Bill

Oh,man! It would have been so cool to drive it it a parade in the town where there are living people who might remember seeing the original owner driving it around,or even remember seeing it in the junkyard.

And...........very fortunately.............it only received minor damage in the Joplin tornado.....................

It was sitting in the attached garage at the time........ended up in an open-air garage......

DSC02610.jpg

ARRRRGGGHHHH! Everytime you post photos of that yellow convertible my jealousy meter gets pegged,and I hate you a little more,Bob!

i'm the 4th owner of my 41 dodge, i have the first title (copy) from the 1st owner, and a letter from his niece when she sold the car to the 2nd owner, in this letter, i can reading the first owner work on the dodge assembly line in detroit, when he saw the car on the line, he take care himself of the assembling it  from the beginning to the exit of the dodge plant.

the car is from detroit, between 1941 to 1971   the first owner sell it in september 1963

1971 move in missoula montana to 2005

2005 to 2011 in saint louis missouri

and now in france with me :)  i have all brochures, accessories book, shop and part manual, salesman book, bills, and the previous owner give me a box with many original parts NOS

the trunk was full of parts

post-4614-0-64873700-1373734060_thumb.jpg

i take pictures of the part and it's not all what i have

i have the original set of keys, with the original copy and tags

adrien-dscf9622-img.jpg

adrien-dscf9629-img.jpg

and many other things

adrien-dscf9631-img.jpg

adrien-dscf9614-img.jpg

adrien-dscf9617-img.jpg

adrien-dscf9618-img.jpg

this is a good surprise and a very good memorie too when i buy this car !! i'm very gracefull with the previous owner !! :)

if someone see something want on this table, let me know, all the parts is not for 1941 dodge, i have parts for 49 chevy truck too all that things was in my trunk !

i'm glad to read all this stories about road trip !

my best memories with my 41 dodge is when i drove it after it came from USA to france.

i buy my 41 dodge club coup 2 years ago, from saint louis, missouri.

i'm french and the car is came on a boat to Le havre, normandie, i'm living in Bordeaux

I'm really happy this worked out for you,and judgeing by the look on your face when you started it the first day,you are pretty happy about it,too.

It's good to hear a old car purchase worked out well for someone living in another country. Usually what we hear are horror stories about rust buckets and missing parts.

• Like 1

adrien-dscf9617-img.jpg

adrien-dscf9618-img.jpg

this is a good surprise and a very good memorie too when i buy this car !! i'm very gracefull with the previous owner !! :)

if someone see something want on this table, let me know, all the parts is not for 1941 dodge, i have parts for 49 chevy truck too all that things was in my trunk !

Do you have a closer up shot of that square interior lense? Does your 41 use a lense like that? My 46 dodge pickup uses that lense and I am trying to find out if any other cars do too so I can widen my search for a better bezel. This is my thread on the lense etc http://p15-d24.com/topic/33556-anyone-recognize-this/

i'm glad to read all this stories about road trip !

my best memories with my 41 dodge is when i drove it after it came from USA to france.

i buy my 41 dodge club coup 2 years ago, from saint louis, missouri.

i'm french and the car is came on a boat to Le havre, normandie, i'm living in Bordeaux

I'm really happy this worked out for you,and judgeing by the look on your face when you started it the first day,you are pretty happy about it,too.

It's good to hear a old car purchase worked out well for someone living in another country. Usually what we hear are horror stories about rust buckets and missing parts.

i think the "horror stories" happen when peoples buy the car by using the help of car seller, in france is like this, i saw many cars with a good apearence, but when i open the hood, oh my gosh !!  wires everywhere every colors, oil, grease, smoke, noises ! ....

or if the boat is in trouble like last year, a boat burning, the captaine leave the boat and his crew, a 71 riviera, 58 corvette and another car is damadged by the heat of the fire, chromes, rubber and plastic part is good to be changed.

i buy my dodge on ebay, i call the guy, i ask more pictures of under the car frame etc etc, pic of serial number and copy of title to be sure is matching and to be sure the car is in good shape and in good paper condition to be registred in france. if the seller do what i ask him, it's good, there is nothing hide. the people who ask the help of car seller don't thinking of all this details, the car seller just want sell cars and very expansiv, a 65 mustang, base,  289 v8 for exemple can be sold in original condition low or medium retail more or less $20000 in france !! if you have one, look for french buyer ha ha ha  that's crazy ! 

i have a 48 dodge too and i buy it on ebay too, same way, i ask copy of title pic etc etc the guy said, is a not running engin, stack ... like this, i'm not surprised when i recived the car. 

always give a phone call, is better of only email, i don't speak very well english but it's also a proof for the seller i'm not conman from africa or anything else ^^ 

my 48 dodge, i'm the 4th owner too, all it's life in pennsylvania, original lisence plate. by the way, i'm looking for a rocker panel moulding right side, if someone know where i can find it ...

post-4614-0-43561100-1373745034_thumb.jpg

post-4614-0-24508700-1373745320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrian41D-19