solved the paint problem, sold the car

scottyv47

What you are saying is that you got tired of trying the shiny paint thing and decided on Hot Rod Flat black? I do not remember what your car looked like so I am not a judge of your statement that you sold one and bought another of the same model and series. Unless you have access to a large MoPar car lot I would think it would be hard to do, so is this just a tongue in cheek type of statement? My inquiring mind needs to know.

What you are saying is that you got tired of trying the shiny paint thing and decided on Hot Rod Flat black? I do not remember what your car looked like so I am not a judge of your statement that you sold one and bought another of the same model and series. Unless you have access to a large MoPar car lot I would think it would be hard to do, so is this just a tongue in cheek type of statement? My inquiring mind needs to know.

if you look at "just couldn't get it right" like 2 posts ago you'll know, i put a second coat of black on it wed, using same exact method as 1st coat, it turned out like crap, and i want to drive my car, so i solved the problem

I am a bit curious on why there is a new thread started on the same car and project everytime a stroke is made with the paint brush. Dont you think it would be easier to follow your work if everything was in the same thread? Must be about 40 new threads on this same project by now?

sorry don, didn't mean to offend you, from now on i'll just post on the old threads that no one reads anymore, anyway heres a few more pics on the progress for everyone else, got her all back together today except back bumper which needs work, hubcaps, and some of the trim and chrome that i'm not puting back on, she's dirty, don't want to wash her for a while, but back together and ready to cruise

post-3436-13585370034514_thumb.jpg

post-3436-1358537003479_thumb.jpg

post-3436-13585370035077_thumb.jpg

As I recall....a new post will bring the old thread back to the top.

Sometimes, if the old is far enough down the line, you might need to

do a search for posts made by yourself to find it.

So, even if it hasn't been read for a while, it's re-usable.

Hope that helps.

As I recall....a new post will bring the old thread back to the top.

Sometimes, if the old is far enough down the line, you might need to

do a search for posts made by yourself to find it.

So, even if it hasn't been read for a while, it's re-usable.

Hope that helps.

You are correct Bob. Below is an example. I just replied to a posting you made on October 24, 2006 and this posting is now shown as new.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?p=311717#post311717

not sure if this qualify's as new thread, but i don't want don to get upset, so i'll add it here, went out to start the 51 last night, to move it from the paint area back to normal resting spot, crank but no fire, got some starter fluid, gave a shot started right up then died, looked in fuel filter, no gas, so either my niegbor who is a known gas thief drained 10 gallons, in which case you wouln't here from me anymore because i'll shoot him in the face, because we've already had the stay off my property talk, and i don't play games with this kind of stuff, or my fuel pump crapped out, which is very possible seeing that the car sat for over 20 years before i got it, my guage is still reading almost half, but since i've only put gas in once, i have no idea if its accurate, or just reads same place all the time, because it hasn't moved since i put the gas in, although i've only driven about a total of 12 miles up and down my road, so i'm off to get a few more gallons of gas and see what happens

Maybe you just have a bad fuel line or other simple fix.

The way I stopped the gas thief problem was to accidenetally on purpose

leave my special mower fuel can, 2 gallon, near my workshop.

My special fuel is loaded with sugar. My neighbors now has two

small ATVs, and a nice looking Toyota truck parked near his home.

None have been moved in several months.:eek:

5 gallon gas can of low grade shine shut down our local fuel thief. Went and got the can back and told him next time he's getting buried. 54 acres and a backhoe... haven't seen him in months. :D

Most likely your fuel pump. The one on my 318 powered 69 D100 is only good for about 5k miles and modern fuel has eaten it. Need to swap it out again, thanks for the reminder. It's donating its 1979 L'il Red Express wheels to my 49 B1 project. And getting the 49's current 78 Ramcharger wheels.

5 gallon gas can of low grade shine shut down our local fuel thief. Went and got the can back and told him next time he's getting buried. 54 acres and a backhoe... haven't seen him in months. :D

Most likely your fuel pump. The one on my 318 powered 69 D100 is only good for about 5k miles and modern fuel has eaten it. Need to swap it out again, thanks for the reminder. It's donating its 1979 L'il Red Express wheels to my 49 B1 project. And getting the 49's current 78 Ramcharger wheels.

Durn ethanol blended gas, is reeking havoc in a lot of ways, sounds like you may be onto something here.

Hey whaddya do to the neighbourhood hooch jug thief:eek:, now that would demand a tar and feathering:eek:......LOL PS ever see the movie "White Lighting",one of my favorites

I had to tear apart my newest mower. Kohler overhead valve hydraulic lifter engine and free up the intake valve...sucker was glued...would not free otherwise...I do say it was due to the poor quality gas..I am going to look into some snake oil..while it was not a hard job..I just don't care to take it apart again..a;so today Ihad to do similar to the weedeater...the guel had summed the filter in the tank..this is not old gas..just a spray of bad luck with fuel..

I had to tear apart my newest mower. Kohler overhead valve hydraulic lifter engine and free up the intake valve...sucker was glued...would not free otherwise...I do say it was due to the poor quality gas..I am going to look into some snake oil..while it was not a hard job..I just don't care to take it apart again..a;so today Ihad to do similar to the weedeater...the guel had summed the filter in the tank..this is not old gas..just a spray of bad luck with fuel..

I've been fighting my push mower and weedeater too. They run great then they will just shut off and your done. I've been running the Lucas oil ethanol fuel treatment in my cars due to the ethanol reacting to aluminum (my corvair engine) and all my carbs. I am now starting to put it in my lawn equioment. My girlfirends dad has a bush hog lawn tractor from the 60s that has never failed him, but this year it wouldn't even start. We took the carb apart (he cleans it every year) and we found the gas was eating up all the brass and alluminum. Another quick story, my friend has a 76 cadilac with fuel injection, ran fine the past few years and then this year the gas literally turned the plastic electric fuel pump to a soupy piece of plastic. I'm not too happy with this new gas.

I dunno Guys, is there something different about you fuels with ethanol?

Here in this province Manitoba Canada, they blend 12% ethanol into the regular gas, so far to date,have not had a single problem with lawn tractor, mower,tiller,weed whacker,snowblower,or old cars and dirtbikes. Not sure why,but not complaining either. I do use stabilzer with some of the units. The 2 stroke oil,may have a stabilizer in it too.....

well i finaly got the 51 insured and tagged today after work, and the women at the tag office informed me of a strange law in ga that i didn't know about, if you own an antique car in ga, you can put any type of custom plate, or old plate from any state or year on your car as long as you carry the registered plate in the trunk, glovebox, or anywhere in the car, she told me i could even write f__k you on a piece of paper and put it where the tag goes and nothing could be said, not that i ever would, but i think i'll try and find and original 1951 lp from either ga, or my home state nj for my car, i think thats pretty cool, or maybe my licence plate from my first car which i still have