Passenger side mirror bracket

If you're talking about the stamped steel one.....kinda hard to find, but they are out there. If you do a forum search, a member here did a reverse engineered one...turned out pretty good.

48D

Well.....I found the thread.....it ran for a year and had pictures of how he did it.....last November he removed the "how to pics". So maybe he's working on a project to sell.....

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=20362&highlight=mirror+bracket

He's posted recently looking for parts....maybe he should be asked how it all worked out?:D

48D

if somebody wants to donate one for a mold you bet your butt I can try. I was thinking of using the 47 ones on the 50.

On the 1947 mirror brackets , I bought a right hand bracket and it is slightly longer than the left . It works well on my truck (1941 ) . Just so you know .

I had these made at Rare Parts in Stockton. Truck still a work in progress, so have not installed yet. The arms were from Vintage power wagon.

I bought some suspension parts from Rare Parts . Their prices were a little high but I didn't pay shipping so it was comparable to the mail order prices . They advertise that they will build suspension parts from scratch if they don't have what you need .

The 3rd picture of the B3J truck is of the drivers side. Notice the pin that I pulled up for the picture. It looks like if you remove the pin you can fold the mirror in. I have no idea if that is original equipment.

Todd B

Todd, the ones you're showing are the towing mirrors.....the stamp steel ones are the tough ones to find for the 1/2 ton.

48D

post-580-13585369597759_thumb.jpg

Todd, the ones you're showing are the towing mirrors.....the stamp steel ones are the tough ones to find for the 1/2 ton.

48D

Tim , In your photo of the Pilot House mirror brackets , it looks like the passenger side bracket is longer than the drivers side bracket . If that is so , then a guy wouldn't just reverse engineer the drivers side bracket for a passenger side bracket . On my truck with the different style brackets , the longer right side bracket helps the driver to see around the window frame .

That would make sense to me. I noticed one day, while sitting on the passenger side cleaning the windows, that if I looked over to the driver's side mirror I couldn't see it very well. At that time I realized that if I did have a passenger side mirror with the same style bracket it would be pretty much useless. However, if it were a little longer it would probably work well. I sure wish someone would reproduce them.

Merle