OT: Ordering from George Asche

fedoragent

Folks,

I wanted to get some advice from you folks. I talked with George Asche on Jan 6th and ordered some parts from him. I sent him a check and a letter of everything I needed. On the 10th of January, the check was cashed. I called him last week to let him know that the check had cashed and to ask if my parts were on the way. He said he had some delay but would send out the parts when he could. It is the 24th now, no parts...and I don't want to call him and bug him. Has anyone ever had a similar issue ordering and receiving parts from George? I just don't know what to do. I was always cordial, and we've always had good conversations. I need advice guys.

FG.

George Asche is a knowledgable and honest rebuilder.

If you are concerned about your financial investment...no need for concern

I believe he works out of the family garage (with the help of his son).

Your items might be delayed, but he is a solid guy who stands by his word.

it depends on what you ordered..intake/exhaust manifolds maybe, he may not have a set on hand to ship and having to fabricate these..that will equate to a few days...carbs maybe..?? if he has to kit these before shipping this will take time..especially if he has to order the kits himself..it is not good to kit these before selling as you never know how long they may sit on the shelf and we all know the accel pump takes a hit this way..and of course his other speciality..the OD's..again, may have to build and test one prior to shipping...I would give him a couple more days..then call again..I am sure he will not be upset with a customer following up on a purchase..everyone shold have a progress report if work is in progress to fill a bill..

I know he's a stand up guy. I know that by talking to him. He reminds me of the guys I used to play poker and bocce ball with. (They've all gone to the big poker game in the sky.)

I ordered OD parts, OD Cable, 12V Relay, Wiring Harness. He mentioned that one of the parts he thought he had but didn't. So maybe the delay. I'm glad that you guys think he's a good guy that stands by his word. My wife and I, frankly were worried.

Thanks guys. You're the best.

FG.

If you feel there is a problem I would suggest you call George Asche. None of us can answer for him.

Don, I just wanted to see what other folks' experience was. And now that I know, thank you guys. I'll just wait on him to send the parts. I just wanted to make sure that he was the honest fellow that I felt him to be. I wasn't asking for anyone to answer for George.

FG.