5th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

I had a great time...well worth the drive! In addition to all the trucks, I enjoyed the scenery of the countryside up there. Those are some good backroads to cruise on!

But most importantly, Thank you Tim!

Edited by John-T-53

I want to thank everyone who found time to help out at the event...I had a great time! Claude and his son Joe Church show up every year on a friday and do a ton to bring the loose ends together. My son Zac, his mowing and hauling abilities and my daughter Karissa, her shopping and food prep skills. Also I gotta acknowledge my Brother John, Bob Koch, and Jim shepard for inspiration :D

I know how hard everyone works to make it each year, and I understand the frustration those guys feel when the deal falls short. We had a few who really wanted to be here this year, and I wanted to tip my hat to them for doing what they could to be here.

Reg Evans: not feeling up to snuff

Gary Martin: was on his way, fuel failure, had to return home

Budstruck: work

tomsb2b: family

DollyDodge: engine not done

monkeytruck: baseball funraiser event (he's a coach)

gentlemen from Modesto: sick (1937 sedan)

Don Coatney: keeps forgetting the right day to be here (lol)

It's worth noting that John-T-53 was on his way and broke down. He had his truck towed back home, stuck a screw driver in it and hit it with his favorite hammer. It started up and he hit the road again and made it! (2 hour trip):cool:

I haven't got the whole story on Gary's panel truck yet, but he's been here the last three years without fail....hope its an easy fix.

Again, thank you everyone.....it's my favorite time of the year, and seeing that many Pilot-house Trucks in one place is always a thrill.

Timothy A. Estrada

aka 48Dodger

I had a great time and am sorry Reg and others didn't make it. I especially had a nice time talking with Doug Johnson about his cool '50 Plymouth sedan. It's a three speed with factory overdrive, which is the unit I want to eventually put in my truck. Doug was kind enough to take me and Charlie for a ride to see first-hand how the OD works. What a difference! 60mph and not a peep out of the motor. Thanks Doug. Also, I was glad John made it after his early troubles - nothing a screwdriver can't fix. Here's a photo of Doug's car...:)

post-280-13585367907492_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments Jim! Hope you find one an OD unit that fits, reasonable, to install. Love mine!

I did have fun. Really appreciated the welcome from everyone at the BBQ!:)

Stay in touch,

Doug

That sure looks like a great time, too bad CA is so far away from MA or i would of loved to join!

By the way i love the tattoo of the PH on the forearm, i was thinking of something along those lines :D

• 1 month later...

Of course you and your muscle car are welcome! Do a search for the other BBQ years, and you'll see lots of cars from the 60/70's era.:D

48D

• 4 weeks later...

curtousy of google maps haha

someday I'll make it! :P

Suggested routes

2,745 km, 29 hours

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan to

20800 Brandt Rd, Lodi, CA 95240, USA 3D2D

2,997 km, 32 hours SK-4 S and I-80 W

Driving directions to 20800 Brandt Rd, Lodi, CA 95240, USA 3D2D