Source for 6v bulbs

Joe Flanagan

I just got some 6v dual contact/dual filament bulbs from Brillman Wire in Virginia. They're the 1158 bulbs, three bucks apiece. These have the straight-across bayonet pins, not the offset kind. I just thought I'd post it in case anyone is looking for them. They've got NOS and plenty of them. Lots of other neat stuff there, too. Here is the link:

http://brillman.com/store/

Don't you just love places like that! We have a automotive electrical store where I live that will supply or find anything you need. 6V+ no problem. They love dealing with problems. I take my custom there whenever I can even though some of their stuff may cost more than elsewhere. When you need a solution to an electrical problem they always have the answer so you want to keep them around.

I tried my local NAPA and they told me you could no longer get the straight pins. According to the counter guy, I was going to have to alter my original sockets to accept the offset pins. I didn't bite because I thought I'd read here that you can find the straight version. He didn't believe me, but then again, he's probably not connected to an old car network like this.

I get the feeling there are NAPA stores and there are NAPA stores. Some are likely betten than others. I haven't been really impressed with my local version. Though they were able to get a new water pump for me.

Joe it had been a year or two since I last ordered those bulbs but I hope they are wrong. At the time I rewired my entire car and I'd hate to already have to do part of it over for lack of bulbs.

I bought 6 volt bulbs including 1158 from these guys, fast reasonable mailing cost as well.The bulbs are offshore.Also bought 6 volt flashers,etc.Don't know how long they will last,but cheap enough...

http://www.memotronics.com/product?pid=330