Poor NAPA Guy. LOL

yourpc48

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy...I hear they are using a new chemical in Ohio/north for ice/snow that makes the old road salts tame as talcum powder...another plus for southern living..metal does last a bit longer..
I love wrenching on southern metal. The bolts and nuts come right off.;) Gee, were a bit off topic ya think?

Tom

off topic..don't see how..did not change forums....I only broke three 1/4 -20 bolts when taking my 51 apart..and those were in the grille..just could not quite get the heat where I needed it or I probably could have save at least two of them..one was flat gone..now I do admit there were a few I flat out cut from the get go without even trying to unbolt..those being the body to frame bolts..easier to just whack them and move on...

Tommy...I hear they are using a new chemical in Ohio/north for ice/snow that makes the old road salts tame as talcum powder...another plus for southern living..metal does last a bit longer..

Yes, liquid calcium chloride. They spray in down on the roads before it even starts to snow. It lowers the freezing point of the salt brine so the roads will stay ice free down to lower temps.

You're right... it's nasty stuff.

off topic..don't see how..did not change forums....I only broke three 1/4 -20 bolts when taking my 51 apart..and those were in the grille..just could not quite get the heat where I needed it or I probably could have save at least two of them..one was flat gone..now I do admit there were a few I flat out cut from the get go without even trying to unbolt..those being the body to frame bolts..easier to just whack them and move on...
I see what you mean. I meant we were talking about the poor NAPA guy and ended up on road salt. lol

Tom

You can bet that Ohio and all states bordering Lake Erie will be using salt or liquid salt for many years. A huge percentage of the salt produced in this country comes from salt mines under Lake Erie. In the olden days when mules were still used to pull the salt miners wagons they would lower young mules into the mines and these young mules would never again see the light of day.

From Google.

"To get to their jobs, workers at the Cleveland Salt Mine make a daily descent nearly 2,000 feet straight down.

Deep beneath the earth lies a bed of salt 60-feet thick. It was formed 400 million years ago by the drying of an ancient sea. Limestone and shale deposits later buried the bed. Retreating glaciers left the Great Lakes on top and the salt remained a hidden asset until the 1950’s. That’s when miners dug a 1,750-foot shaft down into the salt from an island in the city’s harbor. From here, a vast honeycomb of underground rooms stretches three and a half miles out under Lake Erie."

And while we are on this salty subject why is sea salt now supposed to be better for you? Salt is salt!

Don,

The answer is that we're running out of things about which we can be snobbish, pure and simple. Wine snobs were probably first on the modern scene to raise the awareness that whether or not you enjoy a particular wine is irrelevant because it must first possess legs and character and bouquet and other reasons to like it more than its flavor. Those are wine snobs and we're also blessed with Scotch snobs, whiskey snobs, designer-label snobs, car snobs, religion snobs and lately, water snobs. Don, there's absolutely nothing else about which anyone can be snobbish. We must be snobs over salt because spices, races, pie fillings and what color to wear in September have been scooped-up by others, not to mention the on-going argument over which direction electricity flows through a wire. We must be snobs in order to distinguish ourselves from the huddled masses and the last thing on the face of this Earth is salt.

Everything else has already been taken. There is nothing left to take. It's all gone. Only salt remains.

-Randy

Snip

Everything else has already been taken. There is nothing left to take. It's all gone. Only salt remains.

-Randy

reminds me of one of my favorite Dr Suess books, the star bellied sneeches

And the plain bellied sneeches.

-Randy

What will happen when the snobs suddenly say sea salt is bad for you? After all these days sea salt must now include some Bin Laden body parts in addition to all the fish poop.

I like my Napa...pricey sometimes but the correct part..and usually I don't have to pay shipping and wait weeks. SOME of the employees are drones...usually don't say hello ...just what year, make and model. I want to say 79, human, male....but I don't want to wait for them to try and find it in the COMPUTER. hahaha. I try and wait for my usual salespersons...they are friendly and knowledgeable. Just what they should be.

AUTOZONE on the other hand is A WAIST OF TIME...but cheap. I swear some of those kids behind the counter aren't old enough to drive. Probably still attached by an umbilical cord. And usually were never taught any manners...usually don't say hello ...just what year, make and model. The confused look doesn't get old though...sort of look forward to it. I usually just go in for sales every now and then on products that are the same quality everywhere....so how could they mess it up....maybe I shouldn't test them...they probably could.

Anyway...it all depends on whom is working at the parts store that day.

Lazy usually breeds lazy...there's a reason most of those kids are the way they are. "If you pee into a sponge...you don't ring out champagne".

Makes me very scared to think of the future.:eek:

Edited by Powerhouse

So perhaps we should just drink ocean water as opposed to using the sun dried fish poop stuff sold as "pure" sea salt:D

Good article KB but soon someone will post an article about sea salt being harmful. History has proven that for every good to eat article there is an equal and opposite bad to eat article that will appear. Do you think marketing trends, bottom line, and money has anything to do with this?

Ever read the instructions on a shampoo bottle? They say to use a full dollop then rinse and repete. In reality a pinch (not a dollop) will do the job with no repete. Simply a marketing ploy.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Ever read the instructions on a shampoo bottle? They say to use a full dollop then rinse and repete. In reality a pinch (not a dollop) will do the job with no repete. Simply a marketing ploy.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

And now we get REALLY off topic;

I just discovered this important info below. Please share with all your friends.

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner!!!!!

It's the shampoo I use in the shower!

When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and (duh!)

Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,

"FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."

No WONDER I have been gaining weight!!! Well!

I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap instead.

Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved!